Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Holden in the Family :) - Part 2

BLACK 346 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 09:53 PM

Re: Another Holden in the Family :) - Part 2

Update. Ordering C/O diff from Precision when they get back on the 17th. Trutrac and 3.7's. Brad will fit and adjust the tune to suit. Going into Pedders on the 27th to lower with sportsryder springs and their camber kit. Also ordered some Monroe Short GT Gas dampers which will be fitted at same time. Then into Erasadent on Sunday the 30th for Hail damage repairs, then into Regal crash to get the bonnet resprayed on the 7th. Busy period for the old girl lol.

whitels1ss is online now Powertrain Control Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 11:04 AM

Great stuff!

BLACK 346 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 09:53 PM

The Diff has been installed and now doing an 800km running in period. First impressions are that I am super impressed. Like a lot of people say, these LS1 autos should have come with at least 3.4 from the factory. I am glad I went 3.7 though and reckon it will be perfect for my driving. I think 3.9 would have been too much to be honest. Brad did a great job of the shift points also, it just feels spot on in both normal and power mode.

Good to hear!

Quick question regarding the Trutrac. I am about 400km into an 800km running in period and the diff has on a few occasions given a loud clunk. It seems to happen after I have reversed and then taken off again and happens soon after it changes into second. I have d it and get mixed opinions on Trutracs making noise with some saying it is normal. I have had a trutrac in a previous car but that was M6 and do not recall that making any sort of noise. What are peoples thoughts experiences? Thought I would ask on here before I speak to Peter at Precision.

Mine is quiet, I would get it checked.

Picked her up yesterday after completion of hail damage repairs. Another outstanding job by Erasadent and Regal Crash (bonnet respray). Not only dent free now but they did a great detailing job on completion which I was not expecting. Erasadent spent an extra 3 hours on it fixing some pre existing dents free of charge, nothing but good things to say about these guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good stuff Rod, looking good mate!

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    Good stuff Rod, looking good mate!
    Thanks Ed Not much left to do now. Goes in Thursday for a 30mm drop and new dampers and springs plus pedders camber kit. Then the refurbished correct wheels to get fitted Saturday and then just drive it.

Sounds good, I reckon the standard wheels with the subtle lowering will set it right off!

Sounds good, I reckon the standard wheels with the subtle lowering will set it right off!
    Well the whole Pedders thing turned into a mess this morning. Spoke with the store manager when I was dropping off and after he checked the springs that I was measured and quoted for he was curious that I had Pedders sports ryder springs going in the front and touring springs in the back. He re measured the car and the rear springs were actually going to raise the car rather than lower it. After some more research on his spring data base he came to the conclusion that they do not do anything lower than FE2 for the utes. Thank fk he was there and picked this up prior to the work being completed. On another note, I rebooked to have just the 4 poin camber kit done at around $750 but am wondering if this is even worthwhile now that I have decided to leave it at it's current height and just do the dampers? What are peoples thoughts? Waste of money or not?

I would not bother doing anything as long as they have been able to do you a correct wheel alignment in the past.

If they had told you that something was way out of whack so they could not get the correct wheel alignment specs it would be another story.

Even still plenty of decent wheel alignment people can sort it just with some shims & without buying an expensive kit.
    Last edited by whitels1ss; 17-02-2022 at 09:39 AM.

Another thing against using those kits is that they get a constant hammering
    from the roads when you drive & can move around off the settings quite easily.

Thanks Ed, saved a small fortune today lol. Pedders also quoted over $900 to install the dampers I am supplying. I went straight to Geoff at UT and he said $300 on a bad day. I know the rears are about a 40 minute job in the driveway.

VXSS346 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 09:10 PM

I'm curious about this, are you talking about camber kits in general, or just Pedders ones?

This certainly has not been my experience, I have the full kit (not half) and mine has been fine for the last 11 years since its last wheel alignment. (although only around only 20,000kms ) Advantage suspension in Moorabbin did it.

I'm curious about other peoples experience on this?

Thread Information