Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Counts??

OakenShield is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 19-01-2023 @ 02:52 PM

Post Counts??

Is it just me or have they gone AWOL??

VY sv8 CLUBBY is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 20-07-2018 @ 10:23 PM
    Looks like everyone's have gone. Doesn't really matter though. Only a number.

Sandra

darcy is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 30-05-2017 @ 01:58 AM
    Post count has been removed from under the avatar.

If you want to see someone's post count you can go into their profile.
    Last edited by darcy; 23-03-2004 at 12:18 PM.

OakenShield is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 19-01-2023 @ 02:52 PM
    Cool bananas

No worries,

Justice R8 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 01-07-2021 @ 12:14 PM
    Originally posted by Craig
    Not to sure where you going with the chip reprogrammed bit..

A MAF car will hold a tune way better than "any" mafless car. Whats your experience in this is??

Regardless that my car never had a maf, are you saying that a maf tune on my 500hp engine would not have suffered power loss or loss of driveability if a MAF was used?
    Without post counts it is a bit like street commodore forum. Dont know how many posts have been made by somebody. Generally if somebody has made a lot of tech posts you sort of listen. If they have made 1 you are wary.

Another great step forward for the forum!

XLR8 V8 is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 09-01-2023 @ 02:01 AM
    Originally posted by Justice R8
    Without post counts it is a bit like street commodore forum. Dont know how many posts have been made by somebody. Generally if somebody has made a lot of tech posts you sort of listen. If they have made 1 you are wary.

You could always do the extremely difficult task of right clicking the user's "Profile" button and selecting "Open in new window". You can then see their post count - then close that window and reply accordingly. I realise that this will take up another 3 seconds of your day so we apologise

VX2VESS is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-02-2017 @ 11:37 PM
    Originally posted by Justice R8

yeah still there just more clicking to see them, click on profile at the bottom of the person post.

funny no reason given or warning for changes they just happen.

Originally posted by vt2vx
    funny no reason given or warning for changes they just happen.
    I think the reason for removal of post counts was covered in EXTREME detail not long ago

Justice R8 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 01-07-2021 @ 12:14 PM
    Originally posted by XLR8_V8
    You could always do the extremely difficult task of right clicking the user's "Profile" button and selecting "Open in new window". You can then see their post count - then close that window and reply accordingly. I realise that this will take up another 3 seconds of your day so we apologise
    Pointless when you are busy to sit and keep clicking each person to see how many post. I am a simple man with a very short attention span so I forget who the dickheads are real quick.

Discussed? That was post counts reflecting only tech threads which I thought was great and stopped whoring as much. Oh well your forum, your decision. Post counts have usually caused a little more agro in so much as a new user jumps in stirring shit, everyone jumps on it and they head back to Street commodores.

Should say Welcome to Street Commodore II when you log in. When do we get Crapsville?

PepeLePew is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 02-09-2019 @ 04:23 PM
    Im sure you're not the only one Justice thinking along those lines.

The cutting of the count back to tech posts made good sense, total removal none. If its available in the profile, whats the difference is allowing them to be viewed in the forum itself.

There doesnt seem to be a lot of tolerance for comment on it though, so I'll shut up too

I mustve missed all the extremely detailed discussion on the removal of post counts, all I remember is the discussion re switching to tech only posts.

Enough of the chat about post counts in this thread. This thread is about LS1 Edits.
    If you have a question or concern regarding the post counts, email moderators

There doesnt seem to be a lot of tolerance for comment on it though, so I'll shut up too
    That's like saying "I'll keep my opinion to myself, but this is what I think about it!"

The situation is this.

Postcounts were getting TOO much attention. Tech posts still only count towards your post count. If you want an idea as to the forum tech posting level of someone then look at their user title, the breakdown is below.

Mechanically Challenged
    Novice
    Tinkerer
    Backyard Mechanic
    Apprentice
    Mechanic
    Foreman
    Tech Junkie

The number of posts required for each level are not for publication
    Last edited by Sidewindr; 25-03-2004 at 10:52 AM.

HRT.2FAST is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 20-05-2014 @ 07:04 PM
    I find that this is unfair as i'm a Tinkerer " so true" and some other people that are full of shit are technical guru's
    Last edited by Sidewindr; 25-03-2004 at 10:52 AM.

pdv666 is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 21-10-2004 @ 01:29 AM
    Well, isnt that funny
    I posted this a few days ago and it got canned immediately by a mod. look here

Spose its not who you know its who you don't piss off

Don't ya just love consistency & equality.

Craig is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 12-10-2009 @ 03:32 PM
    Originally posted by pdv666
    Well, isnt that funny
    I posted this a few days ago and it got canned immediately by a mod. look here

Spose its not who you know its who you don't piss off

Don't ya just love consistency & equality.
    One of the other mods moved it but I have 2 theories.

1 is that it should have been in forum help and 2 this thread was already going.

Thread Information