Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cant post or PM

iverson76ers is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 02-06-2014 @ 10:21 PM

Cant post or PM

Hi i would like to PM a user and i tried to post 10 times then do it but that didnt work. I also tried posting in his for sale thread and i did not succeed in doing that either. Anyone know whats wrong? Cheers

Re: Cant post or PM

Please read the FAQ.

iverson76ers is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 02-06-2014 @ 10:21 PM

i could only see a glossary and a hot to on posting images... could u point me in the direction of the faq.

strife is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 24-01-2013 @ 06:31 PM

VXSS346 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 19-04-2024 @ 11:34 AM

I'm interested too now!

But where does it say in there how many posts you have to do, to be able to send a PM??
    I can't find that information anywhere.

Ryzz is offline Needs Beer!! Last Online: 07-03-2023 @ 11:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by VXSS346
    I'm interested too now!

But where does it say in there how many posts you have to do, to be able to send a PM??
    I can't find that information anywhere.
    Firstly its detailed Here
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    .......To enable yourself to send Private Messages you first require 10 Posts
    Then it says about the 10 posts Here
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    Your post count will rise with the use of the forums, all forums count towards your post count with the exception of

- Forum Bar

- Multimedia Exchange

- Major Events Subforums

- Classifieds Subforums

- Sponsor Forums

Posts in the above forums WILL NOT go towards your post count.

VXSS346 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 19-04-2024 @ 11:34 AM

Ok, so you need 10 inital posts and that's it I guess.

Cheers

stickyfingaz is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 22-06-2008 @ 01:57 PM

bugger i need to post in classifides but i need to post nine more times before i can.

_MetalliX_ is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 26-05-2011 @ 09:35 PM

I don't think the 10 post limit on PM'ing is too helpful. I suppose it would stop people joining then sending advertisements through the PM system, but I currently have a PM about a transaction which I can't reply to.

Is there a way you can set it so that you can respond to PM's without having 10 posts?

XLR8 V8 is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 09-01-2023 @ 02:01 AM

Quote Originally Posted by stickyfingaz View Post
    bugger i need to post in classifides but i need to post nine more times before i can.

Wrong, you CAN post in the classifieds, as long as it's in an EXISTING thread. The 10 post limit is only if you wish to create a classifieds thread of your own.

However, all posts in the classifieds section are "moderated", meaning they are reviewed and approved by the Mod team before they will appear. If the post is rubbish it won't get approved

Quote Originally Posted by _MetalliX_ View Post
    Is there a way you can set it so that you can respond to PM's without having 10 posts?
    No, we are waiting on a hack/modification that will allow us to allow PM's after a user has been registered for 3 months or some other time. But it is not a feature that is presently available.

Philsmcv8r is offline Has Not Contributed to the Forum Last Online: 20-02-2009 @ 10:00 PM

Exclamation Re: Cant post or PM

hi lsi ,does this mean i need 10 points before i can post ,if not where in the coupes post forum do i go to start the post process as i'm abit lost.

thanks,philmcv8r.

Phonic is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 08-02-2016 @ 01:35 PM

OK I've read the FAQ and this thread, one thing I'm still not sure about is why the forum kept telling me I have never posted each time I have locked on when I did on 4 occasions prior to it finally telling me I have 2 posts (I should have at least 6)?

Kind of makes it hard to PM sponsors for that exhaust I've always been dreaming of.

XLR8 V8 is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 09-01-2023 @ 02:01 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Phonic View Post
    OK I've read the FAQ and this thread, one thing I'm still not sure about is why the forum kept telling me I have never posted each time I have locked on when I did on 4 occasions prior to it finally telling me I have 2 posts (I should have at least 6)?

Kind of makes it hard to PM sponsors for that exhaust I've always been dreaming of.
    http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/faq.php?...#faq_postcount

Steve-LS2 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 15-11-2011 @ 09:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Phonic View Post

You may get an answer faster if you call them.....

Thread Information