Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: HSV 52B VTII Senator M6 MAFLESS

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Re: HSV 52B VTII Senator M6 MAFLESS

I Had another bloody clutch master cylinder go on me today. The $$$$in thing has only been in the car for two weeks. Although this one didn't just leak. It totally $$$$ed out. Leaving me with a hard pedal but no clutch actuation. Its leaking so I know its not the slave cylinder. Did it just as I was leaving work. Lucky for me with all the practice I've had driving work utes around without using the clutch hehe. I managed to get it home only with having to stop the car once. I rang Holden and they are going to replace it for me under warante which is nice. But I'm still shitty I wanted to take it to Brad's custom trim open day tomorrow. I'll take the SS now so if anyone is coming thats what I'll be in.

XR4TED is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 08-05-2015 @ 10:31 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I've only ever seen one other M6 VT2 apart from my own, and it had a screw on top of the motor, so i was in jealousy country there for a sec.

HSV originally told me that there were only 2 VT2 M6's made, but have since clarified upon my further pushing at them to be 2 from 1999 (the year mine was made) and 6 from 2000. They only made 98 VT2 Senator's all up i'm told.
    Dug,

There was 208 Series II Senators built from July 99.

cheers

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Got good news and bad news. The Bad news is that my clutch is ****ed it wasn't the master cylinder after. And to be honest I don't know what the problem is. All I do know is that the box needs to come out to fix what ever is wrong.

The good news is I've decided to invest in a Textralia X Grip. It's been good timing too. As I just sold my Trail bike today so I've got 9k to spend instead of having to wait a month to save up the coin to buy one. The clutch will come out of that bike money. And as tempting as a new cam would be. I'll be throwing the rest on the car loan.

A mate of mine in Melbourne got me onto Tommy at North Melbourne Brake and Clutch. He said the symptoms my car is showing indicates a collapsed diaphram, which makes sense now that I think about it. I got him to order me a Textralia OZ700SB X Grip. I went for the steel flywheel because I don't want to loose my hill climbing abilities in 6th with an alluminium one. I'm going to replace the slave cylinder while the box is out too. All up price from Tommy $1300. Which I was quite surprised about. It's not what you know, it's who you know has paid off for me once again. And with the help of Liam (RED02VXSS) who has done a clutch change before on ramps to help me with the install when I get back to newy. Its come off as a much cheaper affair than what I was expecting. Hmmm think I might get that Harrop Diff housing after all. Stay tuned I'll take pics of the whole process me thinks.

Re: HSV 52B VTII Senator M6 MAFLESS Tex in a BOX

Got my Tex the other day. Ended up getting it from Harrop for $1250 after I got screwed around by Northan Brake and Clutch who ordered me some exidy clutch. I must of told the guy 5 times the part number of the Tex I wanted. But anyway I got one now. I rang GM Motorsport and they didn't have any. So I rang Damian at Harrop and was told he only had Z grips in stock. So I thought bugger it I can handle a bit of shudder so I went straight over and picked it up. Also got a new slave on the way.
    It a nice looking box they come in. But I think it will be even better once its in the car.

Some piccys

Last edited by macca_779; 23-12-2006 at 10:49 AM.

vy storm is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 13-06-2011 @ 12:52 PM

MMMM i love the vt senators especially with the coulsen seats nice car mate love it!!!

Dug is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 05-07-2020 @ 07:08 PM

Quote Originally Posted by VXCLUB View Post
    Dug,

There was 208 Series II Senators built from July 99.

cheers
    That sounds a bit more like what I expected they'd made. Thought that less than 100 sounded a bit rarer than I expected. Mind you, i got the number from someone down at clayton, so i'm buggered if i know what drugs they were on!

SIG-054 is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 23-10-2008 @ 09:14 AM

Quote Originally Posted by macca_779 View Post
    well there you go I'm the other 99 one. November build from HSV #52 to be exact. I had no idea they were that rare. I feel a bit privileged. Wow only 98 cars. That makes them more exclusive than the GTS.
    nice ride mate! congrats on the Manual... beggers cant be choosers, i got the auto #54

Smile Re: HSV 52B VTII Senator M6 MAFLESS

RED02VXSS and I installed a TEX Z grip into my car today. What a ****ed job but i'm glad we did it. Alot of self satisfaction in doing the job yourself plus saved about $300 too. But that $300 was spent on a new output shaft bush as it was totally hammered.

Getting the box out was not so bad, just getting the top bolt out of the bell housing was the worst part, took half an hour for that bolt. Once we got the box out clutch came out piece of piss and was in surprisingly good condition, with heaps of material on the clutch plate, few hot spots on the flywheel though, but hey its 134k old.
    We know that the pressure plate self adjuster was the culprit to my problem. But we got no idea how it works and what went wrong. Its all there and looks intact

So anyway kick that POS out of the way and in went the TEX. Installing the clutch was easy everything went on well and the new slave cylinder I got went on too.

Last bit was installing the box back up. Holly fvck what a pain in the arse. For some reason the the fingers on the Tex seem to extend out a tiny bit more than the stock clutch. This meant that the input shaft kept fowling on them while we jacked it up. We had to remove the whole shifter mechanism to get it in and even still it had to be wedged past the fingers ever so slightly. No harm done in the end.

Everything reinstalled I started the car and heard a bad grinding kind of noise coming out of the throw out bearing when depressing the pedal. We thought o no what went wrong. We decided stuff it I want to drive this thing we'll worry about it later. As it turned out the noise went away after a few k's. Must of been bedding in or something.

Driving. How good is this clutch. I bloody love it. I had to restrain myself as I am still bedding it in but wow. No shudder what so ever and the pedal feel and take up point are much better than the standard clutch feel. I hope it stay this nice. I can feel how much more clamping force there is now and I look forward to practicing some hard launches.

macca33 is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 07-09-2021 @ 06:43 PM

Good job there mate - glad that you've sorted it all out.

Cheers,

Macca

Took delivery of an EFI LIVE Flash Scan tool today. Just been screwing around with system settings at the moment. Changed my A/C disable to kick in a bit earlier at lower revs and lighter throttle. I also set up a more extreme cold engine start up rev limiter. I got it set so that the limiter kicks in when at different cold engine temps. For example at 20C I'm running a 2700rpm limiter for 90sec. It tapers down with higher ECT's. Its a nice little function that I've adapted off BMW's to save from someone reving to hard on a cold engine.

I'll start refining my VE table when I get a wideband 02 sensor sometime next week hopefully. I'll try a bit more timing too. But its at 24deg now so I can't see it taking much more safely.

HRT 8 is offline BIG Last Online: 25-01-2024 @ 04:20 PM

Quote Originally Posted by macca_779 View Post
    Took delivery of an EFI LIVE Flash Scan tool today. Just been screwing around with system settings at the moment. Changed my A/C disable to kick in a bit earlier at lower revs and lighter throttle. I also set up a more extreme cold engine start up rev limiter. I got it set so that the limiter kicks in when at different cold engine temps. For example at 20C I'm running a 2700rpm limiter for 90sec. It tapers down with higher ECT's. Its a nice little function that I've adapted off BMW's to save from someone reving to hard on a cold engine.

I'll start refining my VE table when I get a wideband 02 sensor sometime next week hopefully. I'll try a bit more timing too. But its at 24deg now so I can't see it taking much more safely.
    Macca, the auto VE feature makes tuning these things so straight forward its fantastic. Ive got my VE table to a point now where Im very very happy with them, and im just working on a little idle issue.

Hurry up and get that WBO2 and your away.
    Keep me posted with your updates.

limmo is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 21-08-2015 @ 01:15 PM

nice ride. i dont mind the colour either.

gm747 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 09-06-2008 @ 03:19 PM

love the trim dude

Quote Originally Posted by HRT 8 View Post
    Macca, the auto VE feature makes tuning these things so straight forward its fantastic. Ive got my VE table to a point now where Im very very happy with them, and im just working on a little idle issue.

Hurry up and get that WBO2 and your away.
    Keep me posted with your updates.
    Got one on order. Should be here next week hopefully, which is fine anyway as I have to get a bung put in first. I was going to use the OEM o2 spot but I cant be bothered hacking into the heater signal lines for the sensor just to use the PLX one. At least if I have another bung I can take it in and out as I please and use it on other guys cars.

Thread Information