Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: HSV 52B VTII Senator M6 MAFLESS

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Re: HSV 52B VTII Senator M6 MAFLESS

Decided to cut out my Radiator shroud today to go around my intake. I've got to get some rubber to go around the inside, but I thought I'd throw some pics up anyway. I also decided to throw some paint on it and a few other bits, as they were getting a bit ratty since new. You can see the difference it made by looking at the bottom part of the fuze panel and cruise control module. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by macca_779; 06-01-2007 at 06:41 PM.

DaveHAT is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 10-08-2015 @ 08:59 PM

Question Re: HSV 52B VTII Senator M6 MAFLESS

Quote Originally Posted by macca_779 View Post
    Looks OK, but why go to all that trouble and leave the old airbox in place?

It only takes 5 minutes tops ... to remove it !

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger SS View Post
    Looks OK, but why go to all that trouble and leave the old airbox in place?

It only takes 5 minutes tops ... to remove it !
    I haven't got a Torx driver to get the box out. Plus it holds the MAF and IAT wiring in place and also the coolant overflow lines.

DaveHAT is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 10-08-2015 @ 08:59 PM

Talking Re: HSV 52B VTII Senator M6 MAFLESS

I haven't got a Torx driver to get the box out. Plus it holds the MAF and IAT wiring in place and also the coolant overflow lines.
    Ya don't need a torx to get the airbox out, it just pulls out over the rubber grommets once you have loosened the coolant overflow from it's grommets 1st. Gotta VT myself, been there and done it already.Is an easy enough job and takes about 10 minutes

Once the wiring is disconnected from the airbox you should be able to move it around slightly to get the IAT wiring to reach the IAT location in the OTR. Being a VT you will probably need to get a VXII IAT to fit in the PT style OTR because the VTII and VXI IAT sensor is larger and may not fit.

The way you have it setup currently would seem to mean the IAT reading you are getting is not indicative of the air going into the engine wouldn't it? (i.e. IAT reading coming from airbox but air going into engine via OTR)

HRT 8 is offline BIG Last Online: 25-01-2024 @ 04:20 PM

Your IAT isnt still in the airbox is it macca? I reckon I can see one in there but Im hoping you bought another for the otrcai.

I had a look at getting the airbox out today. And I recall people saying that you can just pull the water bottle out. But from what I saw today there is a torx bolt that goes into the guard. And also one under the bottle that holds the airbox in.

Yes guys I have an IAT in the OTR. I picked up a VX2/VY Sensor to go into the OTR as the VT ones are too short and get false readings due to heat soak. With the later one it extends further into the airflow and isn't effected as much.

See there he is

macca33 is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 07-09-2021 @ 06:43 PM

I'm lookin' at some 'Place to be' plates there mate. Have you been adopted by our nation's greatest State?????????

HRT 8 is offline BIG Last Online: 25-01-2024 @ 04:20 PM

Macca the rubber gromets over the torx bolts come off with the airbox. Just give it a good tug and do one at a time. Same as the cooant res. If you pull it away from the torx bolt it will either come off with the rubber grommet, or not.
    PULL THE DAMNED THING.

The rubber grommets are actually good to use to mount your IAT too.

Quote Originally Posted by macca33 View Post
    I'm lookin' at some 'Place to be' plates there mate. Have you been adopted by our nation's greatest State?????????
    Im originally from VIC so I find it hard to stomach the ridiculous prices NSW charges for Rego. Got my NSW renewal the other day had a chuckle to myself and ripped it up. $900/year they want up here and thats not including the annual custom plate fee you pay too. I miss the custom plates, but I like an extra $350 in my pocket more. Being in the military I travel alot so my cars reside in VIC when not in use

Quote Originally Posted by HRT 8 View Post
    Macca the rubber gromets over the torx bolts come off with the airbox. Just give it a good tug and do one at a time. Same as the cooant res. If you pull it away from the torx bolt it will either come off with the rubber grommet, or not.
    PULL THE DAMNED THING.

Nice, thanks mate. I'll give it a go tomorrow.
    Last edited by macca_779; 06-01-2007 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Talking Re: HSV 52B VTII Senator M6 MAFLESS

Quote Originally Posted by HRT 8 View Post
    PULL THE DAMNED THING.

Make sure you disconnect the coolant sensor on the bottom of the coolant reservoir before you remove it from the rubber mounts. Nothing like an unnecassarliy busted sensor to give you the shits.

As HRT8 said, 1stly just pull up on the coolant reservoir to free the grommet in the bottom, then gently wriggle the reservoir towards the engine and the rubber grommet on the guard should just pop off its mount.

NSW rego is a bit harsh hey ... BUT SHIT OUR WEATHER'S BETTER !

Had a go today and I see what you guys mean now. I decided to leave it on anyway. Its not hurting anything by being there and it fills an empty space. I got some rubber to go around the shroud too. Came up a treat. Looks very factory like now I think.

Bit of a chop I just did. Got the idea off YCV8
    Last edited by macca_779; 07-01-2007 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've been thinking of installing a catch can of late. Anyone care to recommend one for me.

I finally decided to pull the stock air box out to see what the bay would look like. Should have done it ages ago and I shouldn't have doubted the advice of the forum. I'll post pics later.

VX_Clubsport is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 22-03-2015 @ 06:51 PM

hey man that is sooo sweeeet! Exactly what ive been looking 4 so if u eva want to sell pls let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by VX_Clubsport View Post
    hey man that is sooo sweeeet! Exactly what ive been looking 4 so if u eva want to sell pls let me know.
    Thanks for the comments mate. It wont be for sale for a long time I don't think. To much blood sweat and tears fixing all the problems it had when I first got it. Now that its sweet I've got no plans to sell.
    But in reality everything is for sale for the right price. Throw me some numbers and I'll give a yes/no

A couple of pics I just took.

Last edited by macca_779; 11-02-2007 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thread Information