Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: HSV 52B VTII Senator M6 MAFLESS

Invasionss is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 21-05-2008 @ 08:02 PM

Re: HSV 52B VTII Senator M6 MAFLESS

Well i'm not a VT fan, but this piece of machinery looks great & you've kept it in excellent condition. Looks so much better with the otrcai & the standard airbox removed.

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Thanks mate. Yeah I think so too. Trying to decide what to do next. Front bar needs to be sprayed and I need a new fog light too. But other than that performance wise It starts to get expensive from here on in.

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Picked up a Strut Tower brace the other day to prevent my tower from cracking any further. I've been told by my panel beater that this is a common problem with the VT body, hence Holden started fitting them in VY.
    Came up looking very factory and wasn't to hard to fit. Basically after much measuring up I drilled the holes. Then I discovered that I couldn't get to the holes because the strut top was in the way. This meant I had to lower the Strut to get to the holes. Not to big a job just removing the top tower nut and droping the sway bar. This allowed the strut to be pushed down out of the way. Here is the end result.

Also replaced my fog light too. Word of advice for anyone that is after one. 1 They are $220 and 2 for some reason the passenger side one is classed as being the Right hand side item. (Holden order 4 before we worked this out)
    Last edited by macca_779; 19-03-2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

shyboymenace is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 19-05-2013 @ 06:01 PM

nice ride

Thanks mate.

160F Thermostat went in yesterday. I'll be doing a bit of testing tomorrow to see what I can get out of it. Hopfully with the cooler inlet air as a byproduct I will be able to run a bit more timing mid range

Dug is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 05-07-2020 @ 07:08 PM

Best of luck with that. Be interesting to know where it sit's temperature wise in general day to day running now.

Had a highway run today in my car, and the temp stayed as low as ever, even with the reasonably warm day and air where i went today. Off to Bendigo early tomorrow morn, and back during the day. I'll see how it goes on a bit of a longer run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Best of luck with that. Be interesting to know where it sit's temperature wise in general day to day running now.

Had a highway run today in my car, and the temp stayed as low as ever, even with the reasonably warm day and air where i went today. Off to Bendigo early tomorrow morn, and back during the day. I'll see how it goes on a bit of a longer run.
    The testing I did in the garage yesterday indicated that it likes to sit around 80C. With Fan 1 running I was getting ECT down to 79C with 23C ambient. I've set my fan 1 to come on at 83C and off at 80. I'll be doing some road testing tomorrow to see what airflow at 50 can maintain temp at.

SSwaggin is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 19-07-2023 @ 10:49 PM

Hi macca, nice ride. This may sound like a silly question but i noticed the black steering wheel and column seemed out of place slightly with the colour of the interior and was wondering if this was standard.I was recently looking at two HSV grange's that were the exact same cars and the one in the auction house had a black wheel and the private sellar had a tan/creme coloured wheel that matched the colour of the interior so i assumed the one with the black wheel might have had an accident. Sorry to be OT but just thought you could cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by SSwaggin View Post
    Hi macca, nice ride. This may sound like a silly question but i noticed the black steering wheel and column seemed out of place slightly with the colour of the interior and was wondering if this was standard.I was recently looking at two HSV grange's that were the exact same cars and the one in the auction house had a black wheel and the private sellar had a tan/creme coloured wheel that matched the colour of the interior so i assumed the one with the black wheel might have had an accident. Sorry to be OT but just thought you could cheers..
    Not OT at all mate.
    Can't comment on the grange's interior colour options. But in the Senators black wheel and column is normal. Its actually not to bad with a two tone sort of interior. My old man has a DL LTD with all tan leather interior. I rekon it looks overpowering. Each to their own I guess

Cainer is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 04-09-2016 @ 08:57 PM

looking good.

although not a fan of the wood grain

Quote Originally Posted by Cainer View Post
    looking good.

although not a fan of the wood grain
    Yeah I get that alot. It grows on you though. One day if I ever put together a car PC I'll have to fabricate the monitor when I do this I'll be picking up a spare dash facia and painting it shale to match the rest of the car. It would be a bit difficult to re create a wood grain one. I'd need an airbrush artist to do it.

Some new higher res pics of my much cleaner engine bay with strut brace. I sealed up my cracked tower finally too.

Last edited by macca_779; 10-04-2007 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Was Diagnosing a work mates ignition issues the other day. So I thought I'd take a few pics of our cars. Its only on a phone so pics aren't that great and it was dark.
    For the interest of others I think the problem is the sub loom on the coil pack brackets breaking down. Chucked mine on and it was fine.

Lloyd1986 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 07-10-2008 @ 11:24 PM

Very nice car, the Senator is the only good looking VT I reckon. Shame you didnt have a better camera to take photos of it with the F-18

Has that strut brace made any difference to the handling?

DaveHAT is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 10-08-2015 @ 08:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd1986 View Post
    Very nice car, the Senator is the only good looking VT I reckon. Shame you didnt have a better camera to take photos of it with the F-18

Has that strut brace made any difference to the handling?
    Close ... the VT is the best looking Commodore EVER !!!

For the love of ________ PUT THE ORIGINAL WHEELS BACK ON IT !!!

Compared to the HSV rims those 5 spokers look out of place and dress the car down.

Lloyd1986 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 07-10-2008 @ 11:24 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger SS View Post
    Close ... the VT is the best looking Commodore EVER !!!

For the love of ________ PUT THE ORIGINAL WHEELS BACK ON IT !!!

Compared to the HSV rims those 5 spokers look out of place and dress the car down.
    Hmm VX is better, its like VT but modernised. But I agree about the rims, originals were better.

Thread Information