Thread: when was the cv8z released

racer is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 04-10-2008 @ 07:42 PM

when was the cv8z released

Hi, looking at buying a CV8Z but want to be sure it is a genuine item, the compliance plate has 05/05 on it, but I have read that the cv8z was not released until Sept 05 (09/05), can anyone help ? is there anything other than badges and wheels that will confirm a genuine item?
    Thanks

zacz is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 02-05-2013 @ 10:53 PM

Re: when was the cv8z released

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Hi, looking at buying a CV8Z but want to be sure it is a genuine item, the compliance plate has 05/05 on it, but I have read that the cv8z was not released until Sept 05 (09/05), can anyone help ? is there anything other than badges and wheels that will confirm a genuine item?
    Thanks
    I believe the first of the CV8Zs were sold from July 05 on....the one you are looking at might have been one of the first built (and complianced prior)

You should probably check the following features on the car to confirm:

- Sunroof
    - Black bonnet nostrils
    - Dark tinted tail lights
    - Chrome version of the standard VZ Alloys with "CV8Z" embossed in one spoke
    - White stitching on steering wheel, gear knob etc
    - Interior rear view mirror is the el-cheapo type with a tilt feature (rather than the electrochromatic version that has a light sensor built in)
    - No Alloy Pedal for footrest (only for other pedals)

I would say that would be a good point to start! Otherwise, ring Holden and ask them to confirm for you by giving them the VIN number....

joste is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 16-09-2012 @ 11:05 PM

Just a side note... I have seen the standard cv8 advertised as cv8z and vice versa on carsales, drive etc. The black & fusion models also came with 2 tone leather (black/tan) and orange/fusion dials. These 2 colours also came with cv8z embossed front mats. I think the pouches behind the seats were also different from the cv8. You can download the holden pdf for the cv8z over at:

http://www.holden.co.nz/vehicle/monaro/cv8z/specs.html

They also had cv8z badging on the back and on the dash.

Pulse 8 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 10-11-2007 @ 04:35 PM

Cool Re: when was the cv8z released

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Thanks
    Hey Racer,
    That car will not be a genuine CV8Z. I actually was one of the first people to order one new.
    I ordered mine on the 28th of July 05,which was the day they were announced. My car was the first CV8Z delivered from Penfold Holden in Burwood (Vic) on 26th August 05.
    I also have here the original dealer bulletin, which is dated 20/07/05 and states that production on the CV8Z will begin on August 1st 2005.
    So any genuine CV8Z will have an August onwards build plate.
    By the way you should go ahead and buy a genuine one as they are a brilliant car. The only reason I sold mine was to move into my GTO LE because I was pissed off when they built the extra 400 cars and the GTO has the LS2 .With only 100 LE,s they are far more exclusive.
    Good luck with the search but make sure you buy a "real" one and I hope this info helps you.
    Happy CRuizin.

planetdavo is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 01-10-2014 @ 07:44 PM

Just check the VIN with a dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You'll know in 2 seconds...

Thread Information