Thread: Forum Features - please make use of them!!

HRT Stroker is offline Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac at Hungry Jacks, and got one! Last Online: 13-11-2013 @ 04:31 PM

Forum Features - please make use of them!!

As an update to the last Forum Features thread, I thought I'd check to see if users are aware of the features this site has and what they do:

THREAD RATINGS:

Do you vote a rating for threads you have found helpful and informative?? Using the "Rate this thread" function applies a rating out of 5 stars to the thread. This can be useful to others as an overall opinion of the content of the thread. The "Rate Thread" function is found in the tool bar at the top of the thread page.

It can also be helpful when Moderators "prune" forum sections of threads as a guide to what threads are valued by members more than others.....so if you found a thread helpful and think it should stay long term the VOTE FOR IT!!

STICKY'S

"Sticky's" are useful and or very common thread topics that have been "stuck" to the start of each forum section. Make sure that before you post a thread u browse these "stuck threads", they may already contain the answers to your question! This ties in with the Rating function also, often "stuck" threads are popular and informative one's with a high overall rating.

REPORT POST FUNCTION

If you are offended or concerned by a particular thread or post you come across in the forum, DON'T PM A MODERATOR! Use the " Report Bad Post" function at the top Right Hand Side of the post your are viewing. This is symbolised by an Exclamation mark inside a red and white triangle. This post is then reported via email to ALL Moderators. This way your complaint will be addressed by the next Moderator online and will be action much quicker than PM'ing Mods who may drop offline before receiving your PM

SEARCH FUNCTIONS

We have many search functions:

The primary search "Search" in the main forum toolbar searches the entire forum for your query. You must be precise with your query as vague queries may result in HUGE results taking hours to sift through.

The "search this forum" tab is in the individual section froum toolbar, this can be used to cut down results by searching individual forum sections rather than the entire forum. Also handy if you know the name of an older thread you want to find in a particular section

The Member list also has a "Search Members" function to assist you in finding forum members, if you cannot find the user in the list just put their user name into the main search function.

THE FORUM HELP AND FEEDBACK SECTION

Not a feature as such, but a great place for new users to find answers to basic question that have probably cropped up before (if your reading this thread you in it!) Use the "search this forum" feature to see if your question has been asked before. If it hasn't, post it here and one of our senior forum users or a Moderator will answer your question promptly.

So LOOK around... make use of your forum features, they are provided to make using the forum easier, for you and others!!!
    Last edited by HRT Stroker; 01-01-2007 at 10:20 AM.

myvxfatty is offline Has Not Contributed to the Forum Last Online: 05-02-2007 @ 03:30 PM

Re: Forum Features - please make use of them!!

I found your 'thread' very helpful thanx. I am starting to pick up the lingo as I've browsed through the forums to see what they are about. There are some great queries, questions and replies, everyone should be ecstatic with this site I know I is!!

cheers:

ps I'm probably going to abuse using these icons, they're fab!

twodads is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 09-01-2012 @ 05:57 AM

thannks for that hrt, found all this stuff very usefull. Have cut and pasted to a word document along with the acronyms page to keep at hand. I'll get used to it all soon i hope...
    Nick

Dropfiddy is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 06-04-2013 @ 04:03 PM

Thanks HRT...good to get as much info as possible mate, I have already asked a "stupid" question but quickly corrected myself by finding the search button.

Thanks again

Angelo_XLR8 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 31-08-2015 @ 03:17 PM

good tips mate,
    making LS1 better............if thats possible lol
    OLD RIDE: VZ SS 5.7L Ute 12.29@111mph by
    Castle Hill Exhaust Performance. NEW RIDE: HSV VXR Turbo

dansharp is offline Account Suspended Last Online: 10-10-2008 @ 08:58 AM

Sorry guys looked but can't find any help.
    Having trouble seeing pictures that people have posted. Just getting the little X but no picture.

XLR8 V8 is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 09-01-2023 @ 02:01 AM

Quote Originally Posted by dansharp View Post
    Sorry guys looked but can't find any help.
    Having trouble seeing pictures that people have posted. Just getting the little X but no picture.

Just like on regular web pages, the X indicates the picture is no longer hosted where the link is pointing to. All pics posted on the forums are hosted on external servers (wherever the poster wants to put them) - so if they delete the pic off their host, or the host shuts down, the pic is lost

ATOMIC MALOO R8 is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 12-02-2017 @ 04:55 PM

hi im having trouble with the GARAGE i can view it but when i hit ad a car it says the web page cant be found abort the task ??

Ryzz is offline Needs Beer!! Last Online: 07-03-2023 @ 11:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ATOMIC MALOO R8 View Post
    hi im having trouble with the GARAGE i can view it but when i hit ad a car it says the web page cant be found abort the task ??
    Open a new thread in the Forum Help & Feedback section so we can follow this one up. Otherwise it will just get lost in the existing thread.

Thread Information