Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Updated Pics After Lowering, Exhaust & CAI

Wonky is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 18-01-2024 @ 01:35 PM

Re: Updated Pics After Lowering, Exhaust & CAI

Nice one Paul!! Called in and saw Paul for a few hours as the 3 others cycled through Warni. Car still looks like brand new!! The Crewman is lovely also!!

Thanks for the Cycling For MND donation too!

jaykay is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: 09-04-2021 @ 12:41 PM

Nice work Paul !!!! Would love to check this beast out someday

katlad is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 23-07-2023 @ 03:20 AM

Bit of an update.

Ran a pb @ Calder on the 26th of May this year, however the trans wasn't changing real nice due to the extra power from the e85, but still ran 4 tenths faster than my previous best.

Best was 11.10 @ 126.5mph, ran a couple of 128.5mph passes also.

My bog stock 6l80e finally gave up after 7 years & 9 months & 64,000km's, I totally destroyed it a few weeks ago & stuffed the converter also.

Last weekend we fitted the rebuilt & strengthened trans from DTM along with the converter fixed & pushed out to 3500rpm & added more boost & retuned it.

Final result was 486rwkw & 1504n.m of torque on 13.5psi with e85, that shit is awesome.

Peter spent quite a few hours on the tune & to say I am happy is an understatement.

Surely a mid 10 now is in reach.

Blue line is on 98, red is e85.

Been a while since the last update as I've been having some engine drama's since fitting the built trans & upping the boost, the box has been out a couple of times & decided to fit a strengthened flex plate in as you hear of a few braking, massive difference in the thickness. Also had the car detailed properly just before xmas, came up a treat.

Good luck hope you get the issue sorted soon Paul.........then you will get that 10

Haven't updated for a while so here goes.

The built trans shit itself late last year for god knows what reason, I hadn't even raced it so back to DTM it went for nearly 4 months as we pondered what to do.

Decided to go with all new clutches from America & this time I let Aaron tune it instead of my tuner, dare I say what a difference, feels like a built trans now, the 4 months without it & plenty of time spent on the tune was worth it.

Car came home & I was happy until I realised it had 2 broken engine mounts, like wtf ?????.

Long story but I ended up fitting 2 TTT solid mounts, only then to have oil pissing out under boost from what I thought was the drivers side rocker cover, tried everything, new gaskets, different cover & same shit.

Took the car back to Mildura last week & it ended up being a cracked dipstick tube can you believe.

Also fitted a voltage booster to 1 of the fuel pumps as the car leaned out a little last time on 13.5psi.

I have been wanting a bigger cam for a while so I thought what the hell might as well throw 1 in while I am here.

Very happy with the gain, picked up 30rwkw on 11.5psi, lost .5psi with the new cam on the same pulley, went 486rwkw with 1379 n.m.

Last time on 12psi it made 456rwkw with 1289 n.m & 499rwkw on 13.5psi.

Happy to run a bit less boost & look after the engine.

Overlapped dyno sheet showing gain from the new cam.

Dyno sheet with new cam, afr's are mint.

Good to see you on here again Paul.......and that the car is putting some awesome numbers down
    Last edited by jaykay; 31-07-2016 at 09:38 PM.

GTS_365 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 26-10-2022 @ 11:41 AM

Did you ever get 10s out of this thing? A lot of power to not be running 10s. For comparison I've gone 11.3@124 with heads/cam/converter at 320rwkw so I'm wondering if there's an update yet. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by GTS_365 View Post
    Did you ever get 10s out of this thing? A lot of power to not be running 10s. For comparison I've gone 11.3@124 with heads/cam/converter at 320rwkw so I'm wondering if there's an update yet. Cheers.
    Thanks for the interest, alot has happened since my last update, to answer your question no the car hasn't ran a 10 due to me not racing for nearly 5yrs now, hoping to hit the track this summer when this COVID shit is gone. I'll do an update soon on where the car is at & hopefully run a mid 10 later in the year. Making more power now than ever just have to put it down.
    Last edited by whitels1ss; 28-08-2020 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Removed VIP Tapatalk Signature as per forum rules.

whitels1ss is online now Powertrain Control Last Online: 29-03-2024 @ 08:02 AM

Quote Originally Posted by katlad View Post
    Thanks for the interest, alot has happened since my last update,
    to answer your question no the car hasn't ran a 10 due to me not racing for nearly 5yrs now,
    hoping to hit the track this summer when this COVID shit is gone.

I'll do an update soon on where the car is at & hopefully run a mid 10 later in the year.
    Making more power now than ever just have to put it down.
    Good stuff, this fu#@%ng Chinese virus is an absolute pain & has got in the way of normal life for everyone.

Look forward to seeing more updates.

May aswell do an update while I am here.

So since the last update from July 2016 I blew the 2nd built transmission after just another few months, no drag racing just street driving & driving sensibly. Totally cracked the shits with the world & was over $10,000 out of pocket.

Pondered over a TH400 for a while or I was really keen on a 4L80E from the states but it was just too much coin, so we fitted a bog stock 6l80e out of a Caprice with 110,000kms on it gave it a service & it shifts better than both built ones ever did & is still going strong. Late 2018 I decided I wanted to upgrade my fuel setup so we fitted a single 1/2 line & changed the entire feed setup to the engine including a Aeromotive 1000hp external reg return line & all the trimmings.

Nearly fell over at how much all that cost, we also changed out the pumps in the VF buckets with DW300c pumps, came very highly rated.

20190217_154245.jpg

Was a bloody long process & didn't really go to plan but after a few months the car was going. Parked it for winter like I always have done in the past & just 2 drives after coming out of hibernation the 2 brand new pumps failed.

Utterly & totally pissed of by this stage at car life I lashed out & bought a Raceworks surgetank with twin Walbro 530's in it, I also bought a brand new S2 factory e85 pump & returned the fuel tank back to standard.

So now I have the factory pump feeding the surge, return line back to the surge tank & overflow into the fuel filler.

Onto the dyno & the car was as fat as it's ever been, made 490rwkw on a measly 11psi. I still have 2 more pulleys going up about 1psi each, so on the 13psi pulley it should make around 520rwkw as it went up 15rwkw from the 2 previous pulleys. The boys were egging me on to fit the smaller pulley but I just didn't want to risk it as I was soooooo happy that the car was going again & Hopefully I will never have fuel issue's ever again.

Plus the car had already had 5 or 6 pulls & I was shit scared, lol

If someone can tell me why these pics are sideways & how I fix it that would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by katlad; 28-08-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Sounds like it is making great power.

I believe Tailem Bend will be opening their new strip in about March next year, you might like to take it there for a run.

They are spending millions on the new track & it's expected to be fantastic.

Surge tank in the boot.
    Last edited by katlad; 28-08-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Looks like some beautiful quality work there Paul

GTS_365 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 26-10-2022 @ 11:41 AM

Quote Originally Posted by katlad View Post
    Thanks for the interest, alot has happened since my last update, to answer your question no the car hasn't ran a 10 due to me not racing for nearly 5yrs now, hoping to hit the track this summer when this COVID shit is gone. I'll do an update soon on where the car is at & hopefully run a mid 10 later in the year. Making more power now than ever just have to put it down.
    Good to see you still have the car. Sounds great!

Thread Information