Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: B43Racing VK Berlina

Mungrel is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 03-11-2023 @ 01:56 PM

Re: B43Racing VK Berlina

haha nice work man, but come on, starting her off on the damp bitumen?

so does this mean the sedan is gonna be unveiled?

vh-holden is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 20-04-2018 @ 01:18 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Mungrel View Post
    haha nice work man, but come on, starting her off on the damp bitumen?

so does this mean the sedan is gonna be unveiled?
    We'd just degreased the engine (and then the driveway) so it was a nice soapy mix!! the tyres were also at low pressure so needs all the help it can get. Chris did give the wheels a 1/4 of a spin on thursday, but then it stalled. I know it was a 1.4 turn because the marks on the tyres go a 1/4 of the way around!!!

as for the sedan, not much left to unveil. The headlights are gone, and into the wagon, the motor will be out soon, and hopefully the diff. I'll either sell/give away the shell, or take it to rest with the vh.

vh-holden is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 20-04-2018 @ 01:18 AM

The DRGNWGN is looking set to make its drag racing debut on friday night. A trailer is pretty much organised, the brakes have been bled and a headlight globe has been fitted. 2 were fitted but one promptly blew. Might be something to do with the fact it had been in my glove box for two years and was dirty.

If anybody actually reads this, suggest the time that i'll do. Closest guess wins an electronically autographed picture of the car and driver.
    B43Racing
    Dirt Drifter

Alex81 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 01-08-2017 @ 08:29 PM

Adam, i hope you bet that festiva that goes down there so i'm saying 17sec

Quote Originally Posted by Alex81 View Post
    Adam, i hope you bet that festiva that goes down there so i'm saying 17sec
    There are a couple of 4bangers i'll be trying to beat. The VH had trouble keeping up with an old lancer though!!

18.791@114.62k reaction 0.469 60ft 2.669

motor was dying though. lots of smoke from the exhaust, no oil pressure registering on the gauge at the end of the strip, and a rattly engine on the way back. can't complain for a freebie though!!
    B43Racing
    Dirt Drifter

10 months later and the VK has returned to the dragstrip. It has spent the last week and a half at Darwin Auto Mobile Care getting the steering rack and pump replaced as well as the extractors from the VH put on and a general tidy up of the engine bay. There are no vacuum lines running all over the place and the blower that pumps air into the exhaust ports is gone. Oh, and a side pipe and muffler off an AMCAR was put on.

The car started the evening well by passing scrutineering.

It then also managed to drive from the pits to the staging lanes, and finally onto the burnout pad.

I got straight into it with a nice little burnout. Staged and did an 18.53@72.23mph. I was quite happy with this my previous best time was 18.79.

The next two runs were 18.807 and 19.337. The oil pressure gauge was showing no pressure at half track in both runs and the transmission was slipping and not changing. Someone suggested putting some transmission fluid in it. As for the oil pressure, it had done the same thing on the 5 runs I'd done the first time I raced.

I went and checked the trans fluid level and put in a litre of fluid. Dad asked me when I'd checked it last. Never have checked it.

It was getting late into the night so I went out to have a last run. I'd talked to the Beat the Heat guys earlier in the night about doing some dial in racing, but hadn't followed it up because the car was all over the place time wise. Ended up doing it anyway and dialed in an 18.60

I did a small burnout (the wheels had spun off the line the previous race with no burnout) and went to line up. Noticed the dial in was set at 13.80. As if. Got it changed and staged.

Took off and for the first time ever lead a race right to the end of the track. I'll admit that I did have to sandbag a bit at the end because I thought I was going to break out. We crossed the line very close.

As I was driving back along the return road I was look for the light on the tower to show which lane had won. The Heat had won. When I got my timeslip, I could see why.

It's a nice improvement from last time, 0.4s faster.

I've got some videos that I'll upload to youtube sometime.

Thanks to everyone who helped out in the lead up and on the night.

Last edited by Belzey; 19-07-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Deleted links for pictures.
    B43Racing
    Dirt Drifter

Blown 540 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 10-05-2019 @ 06:29 AM

Good on you Adam.

You had fun and that is what it is all about--isnt it

Show the good people what you had written on the rear window.

I have never seen some one so happy after a break out.

Keep up the good work.

i wish this was a result of a burnout at the drags, but alas, it's what happens when you drive a car off a trailer with a flat. rolled the bead while driving it around the carpark

Quote Originally Posted by blown408chev View Post
    Good on you Adam.

You had fun and that is what it is all about--isnt it

Show the good people what you had written on the rear window.

I have never seen some one so happy after a break out.

Keep up the good work.
    Thanks Dave!!! It better be about the fun, or I'm there for the wrong reasons!!!

Last edited by vh-holden; 17-08-2008 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    B43Racing
    Dirt Drifter

GHZ28 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 06-02-2024 @ 05:40 PM

Hey, I was out at HV on Friday night, having seen the sign at the intersection of HV Rd and the Highway on the way into town from Katherine.

Only stayed for a couple of hours....bloody midges....but do remember seeing the wagon do a couple of passes.

Back home now in Brissy, but good on you for getting out and having fun.

Cheers,

Garry

Quote Originally Posted by GHZ28 View Post
    Hey, I was out at HV on Friday night, having seen the sign at the intersection of HV Rd and the Highway on the way into town from Katherine.

Only stayed for a couple of hours....bloody midges....but do remember seeing the wagon do a couple of passes.

Back home now in Brissy, but good on you for getting out and having fun.

Cheers,

Garry
    Thanks Garry!! Interstate recognition!!!

The VK finally won a race. Two actually!! Beat a mini heads up and a nissan micra dial in. Also scored the equal best reaction time for the night with a .402. I was sitting on best reaction for most of the night with a .408 but someone beat it with a .402. I managed the .402 on the next pass!! $50 fuel voucher for it.

The car ran pretty consistent 18.4xxs with one faster time of 18.335 and an 18.5. I'm thinking of having a crack at a competion meet in 2 weeks, but need to make sure the car will survive. It is rattling pretty bad after a few passes, but at an open meet there is more time for it to cool down and for the oil to start circulating again.

I was hoping to get a flat 18, but the weather is getting warmer, so I think i'll have to wait til next year now.

I'm trying to get hold of some photos and video. Mum and dad didn't come to watch me this time so had no one to hold the camera.
    B43Racing
    Dirt Drifter

VTV691 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 02-04-2013 @ 12:57 PM

Good on ya mate.. I bte its a good fun

I reckon you should photoshop that photo and swap places with the skyline hehehe

sure was good fun!!

there are a few pics on this link - http://www.zmit.info/gallery/drags0908/ - linking to it to give tim proper credit for his awesome pics. 3rd pic on there is the wagon turning the drivers side tyre to smoke. have to rotate them for next meet and even up the wear!!
    B43Racing
    Dirt Drifter

Thread Information