Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Performance cars @ Bathurst

SSASSC1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 15-02-2013 @ 08:18 PM

Performance cars @ Bathurst

Last race today HSV won it 1st,2nd & 3rd.

Just love watching the performance cars get around Bathurst and the Holden V8s dominate in production form.

The EVO’s did great, good to see the M3 up the front as well. Not much sight of the mighty F6 typhoon *cough *cough…..lol

Is there even a ford V8 in the Field ?

hallyoz is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 05-10-2014 @ 08:17 PM

Re: Performance cars @ Bathurst

I watched that race also and was suprised how much top end the leading Evo had down conrod. I must say I was equally suprised how well the HSV's went over the top of the mountain.

I would really like to see that category race at Bathurst in the wet.

Swordie is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 01-02-2023 @ 12:53 PM

Does anyone know what lap times the HSVs did?

Vulture is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 06-02-2024 @ 07:05 PM

Good to watch. That guy in the white Evo was a dickhead and deserved to end up off the track. He nearly cut the front of another car at the first corner and then did the same thing at the top of the mountain.

The commentators kept going on about all the power of the HSVs on the way up the mountain but they couldn't pull away from the Evos at all.

Marco is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 12-07-2017 @ 05:41 PM

At the risk of being a heretic, wouldn't it be good if the actual Bathurst race was more like this...

huggies is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 04-05-2022 @ 09:23 PM

what mods are they aloud to do to these cars ?
    eg are do the hsv have say 383 strokers or H&C on a LS2 etc, forced induction ?
    or just exhaust & tune ?

LargeRice is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 22-06-2013 @ 08:34 PM

They're allowed ECU changes and suspension changes as far as i'm aware.

I went to the Oran Park round in the freezing cold rain, the EVO's were all at the front but that green HSV was maybe 1 second behind and he held that position throughout the race along with an STI. I was pretty impressed with how well that HSV went, the other cars were all miles back (M3, 200SX, HSV's).

The EVO's were just little monsters at Bathurst. However as much as i prefer EVO's, they are pretty much purpose built track cars straight out of the box unlike HSV's. The power was impressive though, i thought for sure the HSV's would eat them up. Awesome to watch.

SSASSC1 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 15-02-2013 @ 08:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    At the risk of being a heretic, wouldn't it be good if the actual Bathurst race was more like this...

How true Marco

It would be great to see the different manufactures back into the Bathurst / Championship again.

How about this for an idea – Get V8 Magna’s, Camrys’ and Boosted STi’s / Evo’s into the Supercar category itsself. Would be very difficult to get a fair parity between the makes of cars, but what an event that would be …..

Red CV8 R is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 27-03-2024 @ 05:53 PM

I loved the race, I to wish the real race was like the Performance category! That EVO of King was seriously quick but it pushed to hard and delaminated the front left which is always a balancing act with Awd turbos. Considering Bathurst is a track that favours the V8s with their extra power it has some serious mumbo!!! As pointed out though I thought the HSVs did well across the top of the mountain.

I am pretty sure the only performance mods allowed in this category are engine computer, exhaust, pads, shocks and springs. Obviously the interiors are stripped and a cage added.

Evman is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 11-12-2016 @ 11:07 AM

Look at the Brute Series though, these are even more of an Australian icon than the sedans, and it's very, very competive, yet they just dont seem to get the attention they deserve...

Vulture is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 06-02-2024 @ 07:05 PM

I agree.

The turbo cars seem to have an advantage in this kind of racing as they can wind up boost, but all the HSV guys can do is a tune and exhaust.

Martin_D is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-06-2022 @ 11:28 AM

Might want to check your facts Vulture.....
    The Evos are restricted in boost and rev limit (less boost than stock in some instances). The GTS are restricted in rev limit. Winners carry success ballast. If the cars were left in actual showroom form the sad fact is the Evos would have won by 1/2 a lap
    Its a P...A...R...I...T...Y formula.

C4B is offline C4B Last Online: 19-03-2024 @ 03:06 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Tuna View Post
    The Evos are restricted in boost and rev limit (less boost than stock in some instances). The GTS are restricted in rev limit. Winners carry success ballast. If the cars were left in actual showroom form the sad fact is the Evos would have won by 1/2 a lap
    That's not how you spell PARTY......

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Tuna View Post
    Cheers, thanks for the correction.
    Be interesting to see how the LS3 goes in this formula.

zacaxel1975 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 30-08-2020 @ 12:13 AM

Yes it would be awsome. I used to like how there were more than two makes in the race.
    Much rather watch production cars race.

Thread Information