Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Phantom VE SSV - finally!

whvt is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 11-01-2012 @ 05:44 PM

Re: Phantom VE SSV - finally!

Did you just do springs, or both shocks and springs.

Tony_Montana78 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 20-01-2024 @ 05:56 PM

Quote Originally Posted by whvt View Post
    Did you just do springs, or both shocks and springs.
    Just springs - I'm not sure if there are any short shocks out yet. I know Wonky keeps trying to chase some down. I think the only other option is coil overs.

V8SSVWAGON is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 08-07-2012 @ 10:21 PM

Nice one bro....thats exactly what im waiting on, but in a Wagon, same blk dash and inserts too. Good choice

All done - looks mint, ride quality doesnt feel much different to drive compared to the standard spec. A great improvement for the $ if you ask me. Thanks again to Brad - I appreciate the hook up.

One thing I noticed when I first washed the car when I bought it was that the roof was so bloody high it was a pain in the arse to reach all the way (I'm 6'2). Looking at it in the garage now its going to be much easier to wash and detail.

Pics will come soon as I can get out and do it (not that it doesnt look any different to the other lowered SSV's out there!).

Enjoy the weekend all - go freo!

Quick pic from today...

Last edited by Tony_Montana78; 21-06-2008 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by V8SSVWAGON View Post
    Nice one bro....thats exactly what im waiting on, but in a Wagon, same blk dash and inserts too. Good choice
    Maybe the wagon would have been a better choice for me too, I just found out the wife is pregnant - first child!
    Last edited by Tony_Montana78; 22-06-2008 at 02:25 AM.

EXCESSV is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 07-08-2013 @ 02:30 PM

looking good mate...been brought down to planet earth

it will still settle about 5mm lower all round so it gets better with more and more driving....no that u need any excuse for a drive

ryno is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 31-05-2015 @ 11:56 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Montana78 View Post
    Maybe the wagon would have been a better choice for me too, I just found out the wife is pregnant - first child!

Congratulations mate on the baby (and the lowering )

I wouldn't worry too much about the wagon, you will probably have your child before holden actually release the sports wagon At least the little one will ge to roll in an SSV.. I think that my first ride (as a baby) was in a 4cyl UC Torana..

Back with the suspension, as you said the ride is pretty similar to the standard, and is still pretty comfortable...

Antman-SSV is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 16-10-2013 @ 11:42 AM

Congratulations on the baby news and the "other baby" looks good after the suspension treatment. IKt has got me thinking about the suspension mods now as well. Wasn't going to touch that side of things but the difference in appearance alone has started the mind ticking over...

Your bub will love it..both my girls love to ride in the SSV. They normally rock along in the Pajero family truckster but on the odd occasion I can be bothered switching baby seats around, my 3.5 year practically begs and jumps and screasm until she can climb in. Loves the noise and acceleration, maybe cause for concern in about 14 years licence time. The baby loves it more, the sweet burble of the V8 rocks her to sleep every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Antman-SSV View Post
    Congratulations on the baby news and the "other baby" looks good after the suspension treatment. IKt has got me thinking about the suspension mods now as well. Wasn't going to touch that side of things but the difference in appearance alone has started the mind ticking over...

Your bub will love it..both my girls love to ride in the SSV. They normally rock along in the Pajero family truckster but on the odd occasion I can be bothered switching baby seats around, my 3.5 year practically begs and jumps and screasm until she can climb in. Loves the noise and acceleration, maybe cause for concern in about 14 years licence time. The baby loves it more, the sweet burble of the V8 rocks her to sleep every time.
    Thanks mate - even though funds for further mods have dried up for a little while I'm still trying to tell the wife its unaustralian to bring a kid up without an exhaust and otr as a minimum! Maybe for the baby shower I'll tell her to ask for no bib's/socks etc, just cash for the SSV.

I'll keep you posted with how it works out, but all the baby stuff the mrs keeps showing me is farkn expensive - prams for $1k? Is that a joke? Could get a tune for that!

I'm hoping we can use the SS as a family car at least for a little while - no point selling it and taking a big hit on depreciation.

Couple of pics from a recent trip up to New Norcia (great drive by the way!)

Still no additional mods yet other than a new decent size scratch on the bottom left of the front bumper from slightly misjudging a kerb Desperately trying to talk the wife into letting me get a cat back at least, but I'm guessing I'll have to wait until after the baby is born. Such is life!

Last edited by Tony_Montana78; 20-09-2008 at 02:10 AM. Reason: wrong pic linked!

063bug is offline Has Not Contributed to the Forum Last Online: 04-07-2010 @ 01:32 PM

...just out of interest what did the suspension shop quote for the total drop in suspension and what did you end up with?? Looks really good by the way (otherwise I would even be asking)

Thanks for the compliment mate!

I'll have to go measure it again, havent measured again since I got it done. Check out this thread for measurements others have achieved:

Australian LS1 and Holden Forums

Rocky16 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 08-12-2012 @ 11:31 AM

Yeah i agree that does look really good!! What measurements did you end up with?? Any idea of the part numbers ie SL or SSL..

Cheers

EXCESSV is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 07-08-2013 @ 02:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Montana78 View Post
    Still no additional mods yet other than a new decent size scratch on the bottom left of the front bumper from slightly misjudging a kerb
    know how u feel
    i did the bottom right side of my front bumper from some interesting kerbs in the central park carpark on aus day when we watched the fireworks from the top...nice yellow marks!
    Seeing through the bullshit that you spin...

Quote Originally Posted by EXCESSV View Post
    know how u feel
    i did the bottom right side of my front bumper from some interesting kerbs in the central park carpark on aus day when we watched the fireworks from the top...nice yellow marks!

Damn mate, sorry to hear that.

I'm liking car parks less and less, had a shit of a week last week. First the xbox 360 did the red rings trick, then on Wednesday I head down to the Morley shops for a quick run to get my wife lunch, parked as far away as possible with no cars either side - only to come back to find my rear left wheel arch dented, rim scratched and a little bit of white paint up the car. Nothing like a bit of touch parking. Man I'm pissed!

The worst thing is that I take care of my car, and always take care around other peoples cars, and if I did bump someone I'd have left my details.

Not sure if a mobile dent person would fix it, or if its better to take it to a panel beaters to fix that and my bumper. Only prob is we have a 2 week old baby and leaving it at the panel beaters will leave us without a car.

Grrrrr!

Cheers

Chris

Thread Information