Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharged HSV? - Part 2

Pickles is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 19-04-2024 @ 10:02 AM

Supercharged HSV?

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257A920018D550
    So, whtat d'ya think?
    Cheers, Pickles.

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here by Pickles Titled Supercharged HSV?

Moderators is offline Automated Forum Robot Moderator PM/Mailer Last Online: 13-12-2009 @ 01:10 AM

Re: Supercharged HSV?

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Pickles is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 19-04-2024 @ 10:02 AM

Reading in the "Car Guide" today that HSV say they are simply overwhelmed with the response to the GTS.....far greater than any other new model they say.....and also that they have at least 150 advance orders.
    I know of one Dealer that had 12 orders already, but can only get 5 of the 1st build allocation....a major Dealer too....he was NOT happy!
    I think this car is going to sell "at the speed of a thousand gazelles"!
    Cheers, Pickles.

C4B is offline C4B Last Online: 17-04-2024 @ 10:25 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Reading in the "Car Guide" today that HSV say they are simply overwhelmed with the response to the GTS.....far greater than any other new model they say.....and also that they have at least 150 advance orders.
    I know of one Dealer that had 12 orders already, but can only get 5 of the 1st build allocation....a major Dealer too....he was NOT happy!
    Cheers, Pickles.
    I agree. This is the first time for many years, HSV have produced a model for the hardcore enthusiast. (The rest are all a bit ho-hum, but the GTS is a winner)

The Cool Brigade abandon HSV years ago, so it's good they are again catering for the clients who made HSV a success in the first place.

steve_t is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 13-03-2014 @ 07:43 PM

Agree! The LSA has been a long time coming! Finally it arrives

XUV is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 29-08-2023 @ 05:07 PM

Cheers, Pickles.
    That'll teach 'em for listening HSV

sjhugh is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 19-05-2023 @ 11:52 PM

Cheers, Pickles.

Great news.

Now let’s hope HSV does the right thing and pours resources into it and doesn’t leave buyers waiting too long.

Limiting manufacturing will only turn potential buyers towards the Euros.

CSV Strada SiR is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 02-09-2015 @ 11:03 PM

Given past history and probable supply issues their will be a Dutch auction - happened 12 yrs ago and I then bought the CSV, if it happens again then we will have 2 Mercs in the garage
    VT11 CSV M6 300+kw
    VE Calais V A6 Passion Red on 20's
    C250 Estate CDI + AMG pack (150kw-500nm)

mustanger is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 18-07-2020 @ 08:46 PM

I agree 100% .....
    If it has tits or wheels, it will give you trouble .

mustanger is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 18-07-2020 @ 08:46 PM

Quote Originally Posted by C4B View Post
    I agree. This is the first time for many years, HSV have produced a model for the hardcore enthusiast. (The rest are all a bit ho-hum, but the GTS is a winner)

The Cool Brigade abandon HSV years ago, so it's good they are again catering for the clients who made HSV a success in the first place.
    .....HSV has to listen to it`s current and previous buyers ,a bit more in the future..........They became very complacent there at one stage .
    If it has tits or wheels, it will give you trouble .

mjrandom is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 20-10-2021 @ 11:14 PM

It will be interesting to see whether they simply build to orders or the nominal figures per year that I was told by the dealer. He said that HSV would only build 150 per year and even these would be to order and not floor stock. Even if that was correct I can see a change to that mindset. Waiting.........................

Quote Originally Posted by mjrandom View Post
    It will be interesting to see whether they simply build to orders or the nominal figures per year that I was told by the dealer. He said that HSV would only build 150 per year and even these would be to order and not floor stock. Even if that was correct I can see a change to that mindset. Waiting.........................
    I don't think that's correct.
    I reckon the initial build after they start being delivered in September, will be around 6/700 in the 1st 12 months, and on-going from there, like any other model.
    This car is not a "limited build special".....it is an ongoing model.....just like an R8 etc. It WILL take sales from the Euros, which is what HSV are looking to do.
    Cheers, Pickles.

bozodos is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 14-04-2022 @ 09:54 PM

When is your order going in Pickles?

Quote Originally Posted by bozodos View Post
    When is your order going in Pickles?
    Ha ha ha, Mate, you are not the 1st person to ask that!
    Seriously, we only took delivery of our new C63 just over a year ago....it has some nice options like the Performance engine, L.S.D.,keyless go & some other stuff....it is a really nice car...but I reckon the GTS will be quicker.
    But, to trade now, would be financial suicide...and that's not what I do.....so, for the time being...I will be an enthusiastic onlooker....and congratulating HSV on a car they should have done at least 12 months ago.
    Cheers, Pickles.

bozodos is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 14-04-2022 @ 09:54 PM

I had a feeling well I'll be looking at these in around 5 years time I'd say, that is if there is any fossil fuels left by then!

Thread Information