Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: High-performance 'hoon' car stolen from holding yard

OPTIMUS is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 24-11-2020 @ 11:29 AM

High-performance 'hoon' car stolen from holding yard

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...292523676?pg=2

POLICE waited two weeks to tell the owner of an expensive high-performance car impounded under anti-hoon laws that his vehicle had been stolen from a towing yard.

Embarrassed police told PerthNow there had been a “communication breakdown” between themselves and AAAC, the private company it contracts to tow and store seized vehicles.

Tom O'Sullivan had his VY Clubsport impounded on the spot for 28 days on February 15 for undue and excessive noise.

He said his car was first seized for being too loud, not speeding, and has demanded compensation for the vehicle.

"It's no louder than a Harley driving down the road," Mr O'Sullivan told Ten News.

"I think it's pathetic, I'm not a hoon."

The stolen car, which is worth $30,000, is insured but Mr O'Sullivan said he would still be out of pocket and shouldn't have to cover the costs.

A spokesman for the towing company, Adrian Dilallo, said the theft "wasn't just a bust and grab."

"They knew what they were doing," he said.

It was not until February 29 that Mr O'Sullivan received a call from East Cannington Police Station to say his car had been stolen from an impound yard at Kewdale on February 17.

Police admitted the blunder after the owner posted his comments on an internet discussion blog: “Two ….ing weeks to tell me my pride and joy had been stolen from their “secure and locked” facility,” he said.

“If you get hoonlawed do not give them your car, it is not in safe hands.

“The keys to every car are in the impound shed are kept on the car…..they simply jumped the fence, walked in played with the electric gate and drove my clubby out the door.”

A Nissan Skyline was also stolen but was later found abandoned on Tonkin Highway.

The Commodore has not been recovered.

Police said it was the first time such an incident had occurred.

“This is a one off and very sophisticated operation possibly done by professional people,” Inspector Bill Munnee said.

Police said any questions regarding insurance of the stolen vehicle should be directed to AAAC, in the first instance.

some of the comments from people are just ridiculous!

JET-33 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 22-11-2015 @ 10:53 AM

Re: High-performance 'hoon' car stolen from holding yard

Quote Originally Posted by OPTIMUS View Post
    "They knew what they were doing," he said.

“The keys to every car are in the impound shed are kept on the car…..they simply jumped the fence, walked in played with the electric gate and drove my clubby out the door.”

Police said it was the first time such an incident had occurred.

“This is a one off and very sophisticated operation possibly done by professional people,” Inspector Bill Munnee said.
    doesnt really add up. if the keys are actually left in the car in a yard then i wouldnt call it a sophisticated operation and anyone would know "what they are doing"
    the problem with common sense is it's not that common

GOT-307 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 03-06-2018 @ 05:40 PM

The comments on Perth Now are just unbelievable. Seems the majority of people on there get their jollies from bagging out everyone else.
    Suck it up. It must have made a lot of noise to get it impounded. Bet the whole neighbourhood's happy. Good job on the crooks stealing it. Hope they torch it.
    VY Commodore - high performance? haha, yeah right! Hoon car yes, high performance? No.

dazzrael is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 02-02-2015 @ 12:45 PM

its a sad sign of where society is headed in this country, having your car impounded for being "too loud" is a bit much i think! but all the people labelling the driver a "hoon" just for that is disgracefull! whats next....? will the police impound your house if you play loud music....?

1BEAST2NV is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 28-01-2014 @ 01:15 AM

keys left on the bonnet...... u serious,
    \\

sounds suss to me.... how convenient........
    640rwhp of pure awesomeness

A^K^T is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 08:28 AM

A mate of mine had his impoundended after he was observed "racing" an E3 GTS and noise wasn't mentioned (his car rattles the windows in my house when driving into the shed) and he got his car back without too many problems.
    I didn't know that your car could be impounded for perceived excessive noise in Perth.
    Hardware (n): The part of the computer that can be kicked

HSV Manta is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 23-02-2020 @ 07:59 PM

Quote Originally Posted by A^K^T View Post
    A mate of mine had his impoundended after he was observed "racing" an E3 GTS and noise wasn't mentioned (his car rattles the windows in my house when driving into the shed) and he got his car back without too many problems.
    I didn't know that your car could be impounded for perceived excessive noise in Perth.
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzrael View Post
    its a sad sign of where society is headed in this country, having your car impounded for being "too loud" is a bit much i think! but all the people labelling the driver a "hoon" just for that is disgracefull! whats next....? will the police impound your house if you play loud music....?
    It wasn't impounded for being too loud. It was impounded because he was chucking skids.

Channel 7 here in Perth reported that exotic European cars including Porsches, Beemers were moved by the "thieves" to get access to this car.

Wouldn't be surprised if the car doesn't turn up in the owner's Nanna's garage..

iloveholden is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 10-11-2014 @ 04:13 PM

Doesn't this guy own SSICK, the VY SS ute or is that someone else? If so, pretty sure he is a member on here or at least was.

Someone clear this up, i dont want to put someone in the spotlight who doesnt deserve to be there.

A^K^T is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 08:28 AM

Quote Originally Posted by HSV Manta View Post
    It wasn't impounded for being too loud. It was impounded because he was chucking skids.

Channel 7 here in Perth reported that exotic European cars including Porsches, Beemers were moved by the "thieves" to get access to this car.

Wouldn't be surprised if the car doesn't turn up in the owner's Nanna's garage..
    Ok , that makes a little more sense . I hear "loud" V8 landrovers & Tojo forby's quite often but don't see the boys in blue chasing them.
    Hardware (n): The part of the computer that can be kicked

awesome _vzss is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 14-04-2018 @ 07:19 PM

What a mess,I just can't help but shake my head after reading this article and the comments that went with it.
    Are those people for real!!! they make out the car owner as a hoon and he deserved to have his car stolen but turn a blind eye on the fact someone stole the car.

carlo13 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 09-06-2020 @ 03:07 PM

Quote Originally Posted by iloveholden View Post
    Doesn't this guy own SSICK, the VY SS ute or is that someone else? If so, pretty sure he is a member on here or at least was.

Someone clear this up, i dont want to put someone in the spotlight who doesnt deserve to be there.
    Yeh mate that is him

id0ntkn0w7 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 13-02-2013 @ 12:17 PM

Yeah, I read the comments on many news artices and have to curl up under my desk for a few hours afterwards. You should really have do do an IQ test before being allowed to comment.

zorro is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 28-03-2024 @ 08:38 PM
    Interesting as in qld there is zero liability for damage or theft if your car gets impounded. I've seen cars being damaged going onto tow trucks and in the worst case a mates fj cruiser came back minus gauges/stereo & the fiberglass driver/passenger doors.
    GM: Has millions of dollars and highly trained engineers.

Guy in his backyard:
    Has a hole saw.

CLUBRED is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 28-09-2021 @ 09:02 AM

Thread hijack cos I could care less about the story, why can Harley's get away with how loud they are?

JET-33 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 22-11-2015 @ 10:53 AM

Quote Originally Posted by CLUBRED View Post
    Thread hijack cos I could care less about the story, why can Harley's get away with how loud they are?
    thats like asking why is the sky blue? you just never get an answer. brand new those bikes wouldnt even come close to passing an epa and every coppa would hear them from 10x further away than most cars (even with a stupidly loud exhaust) but nothing is ever done about it. bikes, bikey gangs, untouchable...? i dunno, maybe. not sure what else the answer could be
    the problem with common sense is it's not that common

Thread Information