Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Thunder getting BLOWN!

Stevieboy34 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 22-01-2019 @ 08:54 PM

My new Thunder getting BLOWN!

Hi fello LS1'ers!!!

After getting my new Thunder I was sucked in by my own temptation to buy the Magnasun MP2300 kit from CAPA. I dropped the car off Saturday with the boys at Russo and am SO excited, Russo have always been outstanding to deal with for me and I know they will make this car special... My last VZ was a sensational car but I have never had a blown car before.
    This ute is auto, got the kit and sprung for the bigger fuel system as well as smaller pulley. It also gets the cam treatment and to be honest I have no idea what they are going to put in, but I know its little.
    Pick her up Saturday so I will post some pics, clips and stuff but for now I am driving my nans 20yo auto 626 for work.... Ooh the wait is already killing me! Any guess on power? The thought of having a potentially 600RWHP car is pretty nuts...

Plans for the ute up next (as in next weekend) will be slamming on 22's and it already has full stainless duel 3inch..

Oh and the best part, I just scored the plates BLQWN! Can you believe I got that?!!!

Sorry for the crazy excited rant, but I am pumped!

6.2L.Club is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 11-05-2014 @ 12:21 AM

Re: My new Thunder getting BLOWN!

How do you plan on stopping it with stock brakes and that much power?
    Do it once.......do it properly

Roonstain is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 04-10-2023 @ 08:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by 6.2L.Club View Post
    Power doesn't make bigger brakes necessary, driving style does..........

haha, yes mate its def on the list of mods. Already starting to look around but as you well know its a priority. Mine is blower, then wheels then brakes

ATOMIC MALOO R8 is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 12-02-2017 @ 04:55 PM

well you should see close to 440 rwkw 590.05rwhp
    if it gets up to 10psi ?
    make shure you get the the a6 tuned at the same time or it wont last long
    good job on the plates

you might want to stick with some wider rubber then the the 22"
    like 295 x 30 x 20
    if you want to get traction ??
    Last edited by ATOMIC MALOO R8; 10-07-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ATOMIC MALOO R8 View Post
    well you should see close to 440 rwkw 590.05rwhp
    if it gets up to 10psi ?
    make shure you get the the a6 tuned at the same time or it wont last long
    good job on the plates
    Yeah thanks mate, pretty sure they will tune that as well but I will ask. I have def been made aware the auto probably wont last long. Can they do much with the tune and what does it do if you dont mind me asking?

6.2L.Club is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 11-05-2014 @ 12:21 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Roonstain View Post
    Power doesn't make bigger brakes necessary, driving style does..........
    Get out of your fairy land and get some experience before making such comments kid.

It's about safety, his and everyone else who is on the road around him. Even you should have a clue how long it takes to stop 1900 kg of vehicle, combine that with the rolling mass of 22" rims without a half decent suspension setup and power it with 600 or so rwhp. That young sir, is a lethal weapon waiting to kill someone.

Any vehicle, if it does not have suitable suspension and brakes will not be able to safely control 600 rwhp.

Well done to Steve for considering them, just make sure you buy a wheel to suit larger brakes. DuSpeed does some good brake kits.
    Do it once.......do it properly

ATOMIC MALOO R8 is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 12-02-2017 @ 04:55 PM

i have had mine tuned since new from oz track
    .it is still unopened
    basically
    they should increase the shift pressures over the whole range
    and the shift times
    tap shift up and down times times
    Manuel mode shift times
    sport mode shift times up /down
    there virtually nothing you cant do to it
    deselect gears in different modes
    and so on
    limit the down shifts under different speeds ect
    and rpm verses shift point i think from memory there about 100 +changes to mine
    but i have had about six updates to mine as i found something different i wanted IT to do to make it better suited to the blower power and drivability
    i deselect 1st in Manuel mode to stop a lot of wheel spin and keep the engine off the limiter
    still has first in sport mode and drive

rgmast is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 16-10-2019 @ 08:02 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Stevieboy34 View Post
    Hi fello LS1'ers!!!

Plans for the ute up next (as in next weekend) will be slamming on 22's and it already has full stainless duel 3inch..

gonna be a rough ride as others have said probably wouldnt go bigger than 20s with that much power

Oh and the best part, I just scored the plates BLQWN! Can you believe I got that?!!!

U got them cos u spelt it wrong

Sorry for the crazy excited rant, but I am pumped!

Congrats on the mods its gonna be a weapon

mattnsw is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 17-11-2016 @ 05:24 PM

Sounds like a great car, I'd be bursting with excitment if it was mine.

Kingston_99 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 29-09-2014 @ 10:21 PM

you wont make anything close to 440kw with a stock exhuast??

dnt worry about the barakes mate, I'm still riding on stock brakes....(did i just say that)

but make sure it is on the top to do list with some good rubber. biggest thing is dont drive like a dick on the streets to need big brakes.....
    Last edited by Kingston_99; 10-07-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Roonstain is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 04-10-2023 @ 08:50 PM

Get out of your fairy land and get some experience before making such comments kid.

It's about safety, his and everyone else who is on the road around him. Even you should have a clue how long it takes to stop 1900 kg of vehicle, combine that with the rolling mass of 22" rims without a half decent suspension setup and power it with 600 or so rwhp. That young sir, is a lethal weapon waiting to kill someone.

Any vehicle, if it does not have suitable suspension and brakes will not be able to safely control 600 rwhp.

Well done to Steve for considering them, just make sure you buy a wheel to suit larger brakes. DuSpeed does some good brake kits.

Well that is hardly a mature response

I don't care about the weight of the vehicle, rolling mass of 22" rims (which are a stupid mod anyway), suspension setup or power output - if you drive like a dick regardless of these things, you will be a danger to all around you. If you drive in a reasonable fashion (ie: not feeling the need to show everyone how much of a hero you are all the time by using WOT constantly), you will be much safer.
    For example, I have much more power than my car had when I got it delivered from the factory and yet my braking capabilities are unharmed. I have kept the 19inch wheels and installed coilovers, but my driving style has meant the car pulls up as it did when stock. I am not saying the brakes are amazing - driving my father's e series senator shows his brakes are a bit better (but the car is lighter also).
    Also, what is the only part of the vehicle that makes contact with the road when braking? Not many 22" tyres are adequate, especially with the increased moment of inertia experienced with a larger rim - most people running them don't even run properly load rated tyres for a VE. I'll keep my 19s over them any day.

Just because I am younger than you does not in any way mean I am in fairy land, or don't know what I'm talking about or have no experience

Anyway, back on topic - I wish I could afford a blower on my VE - being a 2300, are you getting any other engine work done whilst it is in at Russo's? Cam, springs etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingston_99 View Post
    you wont make anything close to 440kw with a stock exhuast??

dnt worry about the barakes mate, I'm still riding on stock brakes....(did i just say that)

but make sure it is on the top to do list with some good rubber. biggest thing is dont drive like a dick on the streets to need big brakes.....
    Hi there, it asctually does have a brand new exhaust. Xforce 1 7/8 headers and high flow cats along with duel 3 inch exhaust.

As for other mods as stated its getting cam at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevieboy34 View Post
    Hi there, it asctually does have a brand new exhaust. Xforce 1 7/8 headers and high flow cats along with duel 3 inch exhaust.

As for other mods as stated its getting cam at the same time.
    well have a look at this
    http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...ed+xforce+cats

AllWheelSlide is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 04-07-2021 @ 09:35 PM
    What you doing to the Auto?

Thread Information