Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Methanol/water injection

BLACK 346 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 18-04-2024 @ 03:37 PM

Methanol/water injection

Just when you think your cars modifications path is terminal along comes something else. After chatting with Brad recently I started doing some research on methanol/water injection. Anyway, fast forward a couple of weeks and up pops this kit on ebay for $500. Long story short, with a $50 ebay discount to egg me on, I bought it last Wednesday and Rocket Industries had it in my hands within 2 days. Now for the fun part, getting it installed. Not sure how Brad is going to get the tank in my engine bay with all the custom tanks that already reside in there. May have to go for a boot install.
    Attached Images Attached Images

whitels1ss is online now Powertrain Control Last Online: 18-04-2024 @ 04:25 PM

Re: Methanol/water injection

Sounds good Rod, did you get the other problems with it sorted mate?

BLACK 346 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 18-04-2024 @ 03:37 PM

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    Sounds good Rod, did you get the other problems with it sorted mate?
    Not 100 percent sorted Ed, the TC still can randomly cause idling issues. That is about the only thing that is still outstanding. If I drive it TC off it runs perfect all the time, with TC enabled at times it will idle erratically when I come to a stop. It is a frustrating issue as it doesn't happen all the time.

PS...I sent a PM to the person that you suggested may be able to help, even dropped your name. I got no reply unfortunately
    Last edited by BLACK 346; 10-02-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK 346 View Post
    Not 100 percent sorted Ed, the TC still can randomly cause idling issues.
    That is about the only thing that is still outstanding.
    If I drive it TC off it runs perfect all the time, with TC enabled at times it will idle erratically when I come to a stop.
    It is a frustrating issue as it doesn't happen all the time.
    I can understand your frustration mate.

white lie is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 16-04-2024 @ 08:30 AM

Interested to see how it goes and what results you get. I toyed with the idea a long time ago but never followed through with it

Quote Originally Posted by white lie View Post
    Interested to see how it goes and what results you get. I toyed with the idea a long time ago but never followed through with it
    Will definitely post up results after install. Not really looking for more power though, just cooler temps and more consistent power in hotter weather. Did a fair bit of reading up on it prior to purchasing (even old threads on here), and it all seems to be positive feedback from those that are using it.

ittwgn is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 04-06-2018 @ 07:41 PM

been using it for years on my turbo setup run 70/30 meth /water mix spray 2 nozzles before tbody and one straight into turbo run an alcohol injections kit

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK 346 View Post
    Will definitely post up results after install. Not really looking for more power though, just cooler temps and more consistent power in hotter weather.
    How did this go for you Rod?

Before & after power figures?

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    How did this go for you Rod?

Before & after power figures?
    Still sitting in the shed Ed, might look at getting it fitted later in the year.

Look forward to seeing the results mate.

white lie is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 16-04-2024 @ 08:30 AM

Quote Originally Posted by ittwgn View Post
    been using it for years on my turbo setup run 70/30 meth /water mix spray 2 nozzles before tbody and one straight into turbo run an alcohol injections kit
    I know someone that was looking to make up a plate to go between the heads and a supercharger so it sprays directly into the cylinder. They currently make them to incorporate the nozzles in the LSA supercharger lid but post blower should be much more effective. They also already make a blank spacer that sits in the heads so just need to make it a bit bigger and house the nozzles.

Quote Originally Posted by white lie View Post
    I know someone that was looking to make up a plate to go between the heads and a supercharger so it sprays directly into the cylinder. They currently make them to incorporate the nozzles in the LSA supercharger lid but post blower should be much more effective. They also already make a blank spacer that sits in the heads so just need to make it a bit bigger and house the nozzles.
    Have heard of some fantastic results from people using water meth injection.

Well finally found time to catch up with Brad and organise this install. As soon as he finishes off a couple of big jobs that are currently in his shop he is taking my car to install this with a custom tank. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out Will update with results and install photos as soon as it is done.

Good stuff Rod, look forward to seeing how you go.

Micks is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 19-12-2021 @ 07:11 AM

Keep us posted Rod

Thread Information