Thread: Monaro and GTO headlamp Qs

TriShield is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 09-06-2013 @ 05:54 PM

Question Monaro and GTO headlamp Qs

I recently noticed that the 2004 Monaro and 2004 GTO use slightly different headlamps. The GTO has a slightly pointier inner corner where the Monaro's are round. For 2005 the Monaro has adopted the GTO's subtly different headlamp style to go with it's new face.

Does anyone know if the HSV Coupes will also use the GTO headlamps for 2005, or will they soldier on with the old rounded ones? Does anyone know of any other differences with the headlamps?

This is important since I'm looking to swap HSV body work onto a new GTO here, and it looks like I will need to buy Monaro headlamps for proper fitment if the HSV Coupes don't use the slightly different lamps.
    Last edited by TriShield; 31-07-2004 at 09:34 PM.

the mooch is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 14-07-2013 @ 01:10 AM
    try and hold off from buying anything ATM as the new model HSV's are on their way in September, and it's a fair bet they will use the same headlights you have now. Holden won't be fitting the rounded units to any of their products from now on. They were originally fitted to our VT Commodore (1997). As such, with speculation HSV are getting LS2 for there cars, it's not unreasonable to assume that a new nose for the coupe versions is on the way, and therefore new lights.

TriShield is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 09-06-2013 @ 05:54 PM
    I guess I'll wait and see if they change the Coupes at all.

If I don't like the styling changes I can always swap on the previous body kit. Does anyone know if the Aussie and US headlamps have any differences besides styling? The projectors aren't different are they?

the mooch is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 14-07-2013 @ 01:10 AM
    Well, VZ monaro definitely wears the GTO headlights. If you wnat something real different, try the front bumper on the SSX concept car. It would need the VY lights, but the look is worth it. I can't honestly tell you where to source it from, maybe someone on the forum can help.

seldo is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 01-04-2020 @ 10:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TriShield
    I guess I'll wait and see if they change the Coupes at all.

If I don't like the styling changes I can always swap on the previous body kit. Does anyone know if the Aussie and US headlamps have any differences besides styling? The projectors aren't different are they?
    Yes, they should be different so that the beam pattern allows for RHD vs LHD..Sorry about that..

WW-VFSSVR is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 03-07-2016 @ 08:39 AM
    The series 4 monaro will have the GTO headlights with a new bumper somewhat like the SSX.

bobg is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 21-10-2016 @ 10:37 AM
    Yep. Cannot legally fit RHD headlamps to vehicles used in a LHD country and vice versa.

The low beam light pattern is asymetrical [OZ headlamps have a light pattern that kicks up to the left] and the higher bit to the left on OZ lamps would shine directly into the eyes of oncoming motorists in the USA.

jmoeller is offline Has Not Contributed to the Forum Last Online: 30-09-2005 @ 10:32 PM

HSV Headlamps

Just bought a new set of Coupe4 headlamps to go woth my Pontiac GTO front end. They are the same shape. There will be subtle differences but nothing that can't be overcome. May need to make some wiring for spotlamps and turnsignals. Good luck. Joe

Thread Information