Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VZ SS Pursuit car with PWR blower

Drizzt is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 09-03-2014 @ 11:03 PM

VZ SS Pursuit car with PWR blower

Got a call from my mate (he's also a member on this forum and probably didn't post up as he just moved house and wouldn't have any net access yet) Saturday morning while I was heading out to a job and he goes on telling me that he walked past a fully decked out VZ SS pursuit car with all the stickers and lights at a car wash and walked past again when it had the bonnet up and noticed the PWR blower sitting on top of the motor.

He tried asking some questions but the kind officer clammed up and refused to let him take pics with his camera phone.

So for those in melbourne and especially the SE suburbs, just be on the lookout and be careful. I'd hate for any forum members to find out they were run down by a blown pursuit car at then end of it.

Drizzt

Delco is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 24-04-2022 @ 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt
    Got a call from my mate (he's also a member on this forum and probably didn't post up as he just moved house and wouldn't have any net access yet) Saturday morning while I was heading out to a job and he goes on telling me that he walked past a fully decked out VZ SS pursuit car with all the stickers and lights at a car wash and walked past again when it had the bonnet up and noticed the PWR blower sitting on top of the motor.

He tried asking some questions but the kind officer clammed up and refused to let him take pics with his camera phone.

So for those in melbourne and especially the SE suburbs, just be on the lookout and be careful. I'd hate for any forum members to find out they were run down by a blown pursuit car at then end of it.

Drizzt
    Shades of MAD MAX there

Peter B - CV8 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 20-04-2024 @ 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Delco
    Shades of MAD MAX there
    I better let my friend "The Night Rider" know...

It's all funny now until someone cops it

Either way take it as you like.

I'm already blacklisted for something else, I don't need to piss them off more by outrunning them.

Drizzt

VYSHSV8 is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 04-02-2014 @ 11:55 AM

Drizzt
    But you can have all the power you want and it still won't go fast coz of driver ability or in some cases inability lets just hope he is not so good and if someone has the chance to get the id/chassis no it would be great to have for the record so if it comes up for sale in the future ou no that thats the one that had the blower on it and you could do the same mod straight away
    Knowing that it could handle it

HRT 8 is offline BIG Last Online: 25-01-2024 @ 04:20 PM

Drizzt
    How sure was your mate Drizzt? OHS dont like this sort of stuff and my link at Dawson street knows nothing about it.
    Dawson St is where all Vic police cars are converted.

Quote Originally Posted by HRT 8
    How sure was your mate Drizzt? OHS dont like this sort of stuff and my link at Dawson street knows nothing about it.
    Dawson St is where all Vic police cars are converted.
    I'll PM you.

Drizzt

Vx_Adonis is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 28-08-2008 @ 07:41 AM
    I would have taken a pic, regardless of what the cop said - its a public place!

vxcalaiszzz is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 20-01-2009 @ 10:34 PM
    Could this be a test mule for the HSV supercharger kit (I think it is PWR who is working on it?) Wonder if it is emission compliant?

SV99 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 14-01-2013 @ 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vx_Adonis
    I would have taken a pic, regardless of what the cop said - its a public place!
    Not just that its Public Property and Tax PAYER FUNDED

muzza is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 27-06-2014 @ 01:28 PM
    Zactly!

You are allowed to take pics in public places freely.

(But if you are taking pics of kiddies you will get )

It all sounds a bit weird, unless the Plod are doing some "evaluation", or PWR offered them one as a real life durability test.

SSBarney is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 31-07-2013 @ 11:32 PM
    May have been mentioned on here before,

But there used to be a GTO Coupe cop car getting around Melbourne, and its plates were something like HSV GTO. Made me want to join the force

mosanator is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 17-09-2005 @ 11:35 PM
    Well if it is true, (about the VZ) watch out for that one at the Auctions in a few months time

Washing my hands. Trying to get rid of that Diesel smell
    VIC Cops may be setting a car up to take on "The Heat" ( NT Drag car)
    DK
    It takes 10,000 nuts to put a car together but only one to scatter ‘em all over the road

vp rsvmille is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 01-02-2010 @ 09:59 PM
    there used to be a GTO Coupe cop car getting around Melbourne, and its plates were something like HSV GTO
    Although I'm from Adelaide, I saw this car 2 yrs ago when I was over there for the MotoGP. Went out for dinner on Chapel St and lo 'n' behold there she was! A bright yellow GTO coupe with the checkers down the side just like all those fancy PR paint job pursuit vehicles your government wastes it's money on.

Thread Information