Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TEXtralia PERFECT

RIDE:42 is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 08-07-2022 @ 06:47 PM

TEXtralia PERFECT

Well after haveing the first prototype with a rag clutch plate for 18 months or so in the ute it was decided to pull it out and send it back to Plan B and fit a new model with the STEEL BILLET flywheel.

Am i happy with the new one?

Fark yer it`s a new car all over again.

I couldn`t wait any longer to fit it so mario from autotecnique offerd to let me use his hoist as he was keen to see how it performed as he wants a clutch to fit to his harrop super charger kit he has been fitting and tuneing.
    So after fitting i threw him the keys and around the block he went-----------------and went and then he said if it can reverse up his drive with out any chatter he will be happy as thats what his customers are after.
    Well it more than passed he was as happy with the result as me first thing he done was phone B and tell him he was onto a winner
    Next was the trip from rowvi;; up springvale road in peak hour traffic as melbourne people would know sucks at the best of time but with the new textralia it was a dream to have a performance clutch with no chatter.

And yes it is also fun when giveing it a bit of stick with cutting the gears up and down a hell of a lot faster on a bit of private road on the way home

AJVXSS is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 08-03-2015 @ 06:11 PM
    Good to hear Jamo, me thinks I might have to order one of these

RIDE:42 is offline Considerable Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 08-07-2022 @ 06:47 PM
    Katrina (my girl) weighing in at 47kg`s just took the ute up to the shops and loves the softer peddle feel.
    So that one less thing for her to bitch about

One tonner is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 25-09-2013 @ 12:42 PM
    Excellent, I have one (Textralia) sitting in the shed.
    Been waiting for the stocker to snuff it. By the sounds of this I should just fit it now and be done with it.
    Good to hear another positive report on these clutches.

Uncle Tone is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 13-10-2023 @ 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE:42
    Katrina (my girl) weighing in at 47kg`s just took the ute up to the shops and loves the softer peddle feel.
    So that one less thing for her to bitch about
    Are the shifts any quicker/easier with the lightened flywheel Jamo?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Tone
    Are the shifts any quicker/easier with the lightened flywheel Jamo?
    farkin heaps better fella

Plan B is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 22-01-2016 @ 09:40 AM
    Thanks for helping us with the testing Jamo,

Glad you like it!

Pete.

SLE355 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 29-03-2020 @ 09:40 PM
    Is this the normal kit or the drift kit?

wrexed03 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 24-03-2014 @ 03:19 PM
    Sounds like a potential purchase in the near future. Please elaborate on the chatter? When does this occur? I am trying to figure out if i have an issue with mine or its the norm.. What should i be looking for re the chatter.
    Sorry to hyjack your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SLE355
    Is this the normal kit or the drift kit?
    yes you can drift with it

No this kit includes a light weight steel billet flywheel with a special wear surface

Quote Originally Posted by wrexed03
    Sounds like a potential purchase in the near future. Please elaborate on the chatter? When does this occur? I am trying to figure out if i have an issue with mine or its the norm.. What should i be looking for re the chatter.
    Sorry to hyjack your thread.
    An extreamly lot of performance spec clutch`s have a shuder at low rpm take off =AKA chatter this is not what you want on street car

willow is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 30-03-2011 @ 09:32 PM
    About time you got one J. I would've thought you'd have got on earlier :-).

Been happy with mine as well, and now looking forward to Heathcote and Adelaide - I assume we'll be seeing you there testing your clutch out?????

Sonnymad is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 22-04-2018 @ 09:47 PM
    Jamo,

glad ur happy with it mate !!! before i sent it to you the devil entered my mind to pull mine out and fit urs in my car and send u mine

enjoy jamo !!

regards sonny

Uncle Tone is offline Substantial Contributor to the Forum Last Online: 13-10-2023 @ 02:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE:42
    farkin heaps better fella
    HA!!!!

Awesome. Good to know.

Can't wait to have a tryout of one of these.......

[QUOTE=willow]About time you got one J. I would've thought you'd have got on earlier :-).
    [QUOTE]

i had one ready to go in a few times but they got diverted
    But the wate was worth it as mine now has the billet flywheel

Thread Information