Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Orion Falcon Launch (17 Feb 2008)

payaya is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 16-06-2013 @ 10:59 PM

Re: Orion Falcon Launch (17 Feb 2008)

damn guys! Whats with some of your stating the Orion looks like the VE??? How different can the side of a car with cammo on it look? Seriously guys most of the side of modern aussies cars look the same. Its obviously shaped in that way due to reasons! Do you want the new Orion to look like a box?

Everyone knows how much of a shock the BA was when it was released hopefully its the same in the Orion. If you look at the leaked pictures it looks nothing like a Commodore, so stop whinging! To me the Ford looks fresh and has pushed the limits in styling and its worked.

The me the side of the Orion looks like a BA, VE, VT, and AU. Who gives a crap what the side looks like thats why they have covered the front and rear only which counts for a lot more.
    Last edited by payaya; 15-02-2008 at 07:32 PM.

quantanemo is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 09-11-2011 @ 10:04 PM

lol too right, im looking forward to all the comments 'it looks like a VE - ford coppied the VE'....

There is a reason for this - its called modern car styling and progress.
    Im sure the Orion style was signed off way before the release of the VE.

From the spy shots it looks the goods, 'credible' leaks indicate that it is a vast improvement on BF. Reasonable expectation is that it will surpass the VE in many factors. That is only natural.

From rumours and 'credible sources' it seems FPV have decided to unleash the F6 and make a big deal about it being its official performance flagship as its pretty obvious that without a blower the 5.4 BOSS cant be brought up to the game.

I reckon the F6 will be a absolute weapon and prolly take the game way past HSV.

Obviously in the future Holden/HSV will again move the game ahead - and so the process continues for every reiteration of both the Falcon and Commodore.

All this can only be a good thing as it equals progress on both sides. Better cars for everyone whether or not you are partial to Ford or Holden can only be a good thing!!!

What a privileged world we all live in!!!

Road Warrior is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 11-12-2011 @ 01:42 PM

Quote Originally Posted by quantanemo View Post
    From rumours and 'credible sources' it seems FPV have decided to unleash the F6 and make a big deal about it being its official performance flagship as its pretty obvious that without a blower the 5.4 BOSS cant be brought up to the game.
    I can understand FPV not wanting to do much more with the 5.4 because from 2010 it will be replaced with the alloy block Hurricane/BOSS, which apparently is going to be a real nutbuster.

Also, I'm curious about this "F6-HO" acronym that has been bandied about a bit...

EfiJy is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 16-05-2011 @ 11:39 AM

Quote Originally Posted by payaya View Post
    damn guys! Whats with some of your stating the Orion looks like the VE??? How different can the side of a car with cammo on it look? Seriously guys most of the side of modern aussies cars look the same. Its obviously shaped in that way due to reasons! Do you want the new Orion to look like a box?

Everyone knows how much of a shock the BA was when it was released hopefully its the same in the Orion. If you look at the leaked pictures it looks nothing like a Commodore, so stop whinging! To me the Ford looks fresh and has pushed the limits in styling and its worked.

The me the side of the Orion looks like a BA, VE, VT, and AU. Who gives a crap what the side looks like thats why they have covered the front and rear only which counts for a lot more.
    im sick of peeps winging about wingers

HSVMAN is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 09-05-2013 @ 02:51 AM

lol too right, im looking forward to all the comments 'it looks like a VE - ford coppied the VE'....

From the spy shots it looks the goods, 'credible' leaks indicate that it is a vast improvement on BF. Reasonable expectation is that it will surpass the VE in many factors. That is only natural.

I reckon the F6 will be a absolute weapon and prolly take the game way past HSV.

Obviously in the future Holden/HSV will again move the game ahead - and so the process continues for every reiteration of both the Falcon and Commodore.

All this can only be a good thing as it equals progress on both sides. Better cars for everyone whether or not you are partial to Ford or Holden can only be a good thing!!!

What a privileged world we all live in!!!
    Re looks, you cant tell anything of its looks until its revealed so I would reserve judgement. However if it looks like Mondeo it will do well but I wouldnt go as far as "surpass". They can only do so much with a reskin.

If you are talking FPV, they have never taken the game past HSV but I welcome the moment because it will really kick HSV into big power mode so yes it would be a good thing

greenfoam is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 18-04-2010 @ 05:08 PM

This was on the Ford forums about the Motor show, pretty funny

"Im having horrible horrible thoughts that the hosts for the unvealing will sleep in. and when the cover is removed the lights will be flickering, the smoke machines will stutter n' cough whilst the new torana thing will be showcased to booming base with lazer shows and bikini girls sprawled all over it."

cwhast is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 04-09-2015 @ 05:24 PM

Found these on the Wheels website:
    http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/News/RED...290kW+XR8.html

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/News/Tri...on+reveal.html

I don't like the GT-P though... it looks friggin emo.
    Last edited by cwhast; 16-02-2008 at 03:24 PM.

Ghia351 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 13-02-2016 @ 07:05 AM

Quote Originally Posted by HSVMAN View Post
    They can only do so much with a reskin.
    You're right with the reskin comment however it's not just a reskin. The a-pillar profile has been altered, rear b-pillar to c-pillar radius increased, ie it doesn't drop off as quickly as the BA or VE giving a wider rear opening. All of this requires structural changes to the bodyshell of the car. Even when comments are made that the floor pan is carried over some (not you HSVMAN!) think that the floor pan is a single sheet pressing, it's actually modular so things like passenger footwells, boot floor, etc can be changed and dropped in to form the overall final platform. I guess by midday tomorrow we all get a better look.

Vulture is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 17-04-2024 @ 06:02 PM

l

Mmm, I doubt that somehow with the LS3 in the wings...

macca_779 is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 27-08-2023 @ 05:50 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
    Mmm, I doubt that somehow with the LS3 in the wings...
    If Ford do go all out on the T Models I'd be quietly confident that they will give HSV a big hurry up. With the XR8 punching out more power than an SS and looking as tuff as they will.. There is no doubt they deserve to take a large chunk of the market share.

VH-COM is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 01-07-2020 @ 09:48 PM

In all fairness one can only wait until seeing it in the flesh before making comment. VE looked so much better in 3d view when it was released. Though I do have a bitch about it being called "the all new falcon" . Can't remember which rag I seen it quoted in as "all new" but it was probably an over zealous motoring editor.

If the F6 is pumping out 300kws, the torque would be around 600NM???

Quote Originally Posted by VH-COM View Post
    In all fairness one can only wait until seeing it in the flesh before making comment. VE looked so much better in 3d view when it was released. Though I do have a bitch about it being called "the all new falcon" . Can't remember which rag I seen it quoted in as "all new" but it was probably an over zealous motoring editor.
    The VE isnt all new either.
    Last edited by payaya; 16-02-2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lowriding is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 18-01-2017 @ 08:09 PM

i'm sure it will follow the Mondeo "kinetic" look ,it'd be locked in direction from head office.The Mondeo hasnt set the sales chart on fire though, I think i have seen one on the road to date despite heavy promotion,a current trend for mid size cars and an early prediction it would replace the Falcon .
    Last edited by lowriding; 16-02-2008 at 08:48 PM.

EfiJy is offline Permanently Banned Last Online: 16-05-2011 @ 11:39 AM

Quote Originally Posted by payaya View Post
    If the F6 is pumping out 300kws, the torque would be around 600NM???

The VE isnt all new either.
    say wot? naa its 2 years old

Quote Originally Posted by EfiJy View Post
    say wot? naa its 2 years old
    was not! sorry.

Thread Information