PDA

View Full Version : Ambi Pur Stain

Super Snake
31-12-2005, 07:03 AM
Washed, waxed and cleaned the inside of the car on Monday. On Tuesday I bought a bottle of Ambi Pur car refresher that you put on the vents to keep the car smelling good. Drove the car on Wednesday and didn't notice anything untill today, Saturday, I notice a stain below the vent all the way down. haven't driven it since Wednesday. The Ambi Pur had leaked out of the bottle !

I can't get the stain off and I do not want to try any chemical until I know which one I can use. I think that I will have to change the switches and part of the dash. It has made an absolute mess.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/supersnakeboys/MyMonaro2005042.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/supersnakeboys/fa84f6ab.jpg

Any suggestions ? Get new parts and replace or try to clean off ?

XLR8 V8
31-12-2005, 07:32 AM
I'm afraid you're up for replacement parts .... as you can see by the part where it says "security coded" on your stereo, the "U" has moved downwards - the chemical has actually etched and melted the dash plastic.
I would suggest contacting the Australian AmpiPur office and email them these photos along with a copy of the quote for parts replacement requesting that they compensate you for the replacement. This issue with the leakage and damage to dashes happens A LOT! (especially in the heat of summer) - so they are very aware of it.

Vulture
31-12-2005, 07:37 AM
That sucks!
I'd try to get something out of the manufacturer as well. It's not as though you were using it for a purpose other than designed.

Super Snake
31-12-2005, 07:54 AM
I'm afraid you're up for replacement parts .... as you can see by the part where it says "security coded" on your stereo, the "U" has moved downwards - the chemical has actually etched and melted the dash plastic.
I would suggest contacting the Australian AmpiPur office and email them these photos along with a copy of the quote for parts replacement requesting that they compensate you for the replacement. This issue with the leakage and damage to dashes happens A LOT! (especially in the heat of summer) - so they are very aware of it.

I certainly will be showing them the photos, and in fact on Boxing Day I had taken some photos of the car and posted them on this forum. And just as well I took some photos of the same area !

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/babycool/MyMonaro2005038.jpg

I have been using this product for years without any problems.:bash:

And a note..... Ambi Pur is imported by Sara Lee, that's right, the CHEESE CAKE People...and they are just down the road in Clayton Victoria !

Pickles
31-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Hi Supersnake-- Very sorry to see this-It is not good news.
I would be getting a quote from a holden dealer (Barry Bourke) to repair the damage, before approaching the manufacturer of this product. If there was any reluctance at all to fix in terms of the quote, I'd be off to a solicitor-- I don't see how you could lose.
Cheers, Pickles.

Super Snake
31-12-2005, 09:51 AM
Hi Supersnake-- Very sorry to see this-It is not good news.
I would be getting a quote from a holden dealer (Barry Bourke) to repair the damage, before approaching the manufacturer of this product. If there was any reluctance at all to fix in terms of the quote, I'd be off to a solicitor-- I don't see how you could lose.
Cheers, Pickles.

Thanks Pickles, went down to Booran in Dandenong this morning and got a quote........$1833 with gst plus labour. The stereo has to be changed. If you look at the picture, it actually cracked it on the bottom left hand corner.
As I was driving home, I thought about going to get advice.

marcu5
31-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Jeewiz!! Im never going to use that stuff again!!

Im sure that a good handfull of other forum members arnt ethier and they will no doubt tell about 11 more people they know!! Make sure you tell ambipur this as a bit of leverage if they refuse to fix it.
Also tell them its like an acid and could make a car catch fire expecially with all the other plastic and glue compounds commonly found in cars.

COSMOS
31-12-2005, 12:06 PM
i hate that s**t - stinks and makes the car unbearable to be in when its hot and you want the a/c on. Especially s**ts me in hire car limo's or cabs when you get in and the driver has it on full blast.

it does beg the question folks - now that you have seen what it does to plastics why would you want to be breathing it into your lungs????

seldo
31-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Cosmos - Judging from your sig you must have got one of those special rear-drive Vectras......;)

Super Snake
31-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Jeewiz!! Im never going to use that stuff again!!

Im sure that a good handfull of other forum members arnt ethier and they will no doubt tell about 11 more people they know!! Make sure you tell ambipur this as a bit of leverage if they refuse to fix it.
Also tell them its like an acid and could make a car catch fire expecially with all the other plastic and glue compounds commonly found in cars.

Reading the box and the instructions, it does not state that it will damage the dash or any other plastics in the car. Nor does it say that if left spilt, it will eat and crack the plastic of your dash.

As for the compounds and structure of the chemicals used, how would you know what they are? Citronello and Limonene....sounds like an exotic drink !

Vulture
31-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Reading the box and the instructions, it does not state that it will damage the dash or any other plastics in the car. Nor does it say that if left spilt, it will eat and crack the plastic of your dash.

Hopefully that will make a claim on them even easier.:nyuk:

COSMOS
31-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Cosmos - Judging from your sig you must have got one of those special rear-drive Vectras......;)

seldo

that was actually the rwkw of my VY II SS on Morrano's dyno shortly before i offloaded the f**ker.... :mad:

Vulture
31-12-2005, 02:50 PM
seldo

that was actually the rwkw of my VY II SS on Morrano's dyno shortly before i offloaded the f**ker.... :mad:

What was wrong with it?

German Statesman
31-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Air freshners etchings on panels are as common as - I've done two quotes to rectify similar probs in XC Barinas, and the product got into the CD slot & wrecked the head unit.

The manufacturer is aware of the issue - another 740 owner I know watched it eat into the wood trim on the RH side of his dash, and they had to cough up $640 to replace it.

Super Snake
31-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Air freshners etchings on panels are as common as - I've done two quotes to rectify similar probs in XC Barinas, and the product got into the CD slot & wrecked the head unit.

The manufacturer is aware of the issue - another 740 owner I know watched it eat into the wood trim on the RH side of his dash, and they had to cough up $640 to replace it.

It has disfigured my stereo and also cracked the plastic on the bottom left. can't get facia for the stereo, so the whole lot has to be changed.

It's pleasing to hear that others have made similar claims.

COSMOS
31-12-2005, 03:44 PM
What was wrong with it?

it was a dud from the factory - now its gone I hear this is a common occurence - that its like a lottery with the SS/Monaro/SV8 or any other V8 holden built car. I know of a relo of a workmate who bought a monaro at the same time as his business partner. the business partner has a great car and he has a lemon - he even threatened to register the car as LEMON.

see my other posts under tyre vibrations, gear boxes, sonny's thread etc. It was well worth the 7.5k changover loss to get out of the lease. As much as I miss the (occasional) power of the SS I am quite happy with the vectra... for now.

TUNDV8
31-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Did you try editing the car? Did you feel as though the car didn't have much pull or did you think that was what all ss's were like :lol: That sux mate. I've got my car booked into marrano's soon to get his new OTRCAI put in. I haven't had anything done to the car besides exhaust and this will be its first dyno... **fingers crossed**:eek:

TUNDV8
31-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Almost forgot, the same thing happend to my mate with his VYII S-pack. Another brand of airfreshener leaked out of the bottle causing it to eat into the dash's paint. We looked on the packaging at the supermarket and it said on the side to ensure if there is any spillage to clean it up straight away and to not let it dry on the surface. U might wanna check the packaging again for that wording. Cause if its there thats gunna put a bit of a dent in ur argument...

This maybe a common occurance guys... Might have to revert back to the ol tree hanging off the rear vision mirror :lol:

Speedy Gonzales
31-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Ive been using Ambi products for years, never an issue, just make sure you clean it us asap if you happen to spill it, they smell great, its nice having new car smell all the time and I always go with the Speed scent, makes car go faster :P

ralcool
01-01-2006, 02:17 AM
Quote "This maybe a common occurance guys... Might have to revert back to the ol tree hanging off the rear vision mirror".

You may think. I have a bizare stain/pattern on my drivers door trim, from where I hung a 'smelly tree' on a slightly backed off screw of the drivers air vent. (RHS of the dash...think VN/VP dashes) With the door shut, it was invisible between dash and door.

After a day or so, I noticed on exiting the car somewhere, a nice swelled / discoloured section of the door trim where it was up against the tree.

Never bothered with a claim.. but the culprit was obvious. The damage, still visible with the door open....must create new trims oneday.

Sean

huggies
01-01-2006, 08:55 AM
ive had the ambi pur thing spill overnight once on the berlina and it ate threw the climate controll moulding and the dash fasica
at the time they had no pictures on the box but i do beleave it has a picutre of a vx air con vent with which way your ment to attach them

Super Snake
01-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Almost forgot, the same thing happend to my mate with his VYII S-pack. Another brand of airfreshener leaked out of the bottle causing it to eat into the dash's paint. We looked on the packaging at the supermarket and it said on the side to ensure if there is any spillage to clean it up straight away and to not let it dry on the surface. U might wanna check the packaging again for that wording. Cause if its there thats gunna put a bit of a dent in ur argument...

This maybe a common occurance guys... Might have to revert back to the ol tree hanging off the rear vision mirror :lol:

Yes I understand that anything that is spilt in a car should be cleaned up, but in this case, the contents of the bottle has escaped when I did not drive the car after a few days. When I did see it, it was too late. I think that the bottle was overfilled when produced and the heat had reacted to it in some way for it be released faster than what it should have been. And as far as the directions of the Ambi Pur, it was followed by the letter.

They say that it will last for 45 days....but how many times do you see the bottle go empty after 14 days ? Quite often. I still think that the contents just decided to release it self and onto my dash.

Super Snake
01-01-2006, 12:53 PM
ive had the ambi pur thing spill overnight once on the berlina and it ate threw the climate controll moulding and the dash fasica
at the time they had no pictures on the box but i do beleave it has a picutre of a vx air con vent with which way your ment to attach them

It does Huggies, and I had followed them, just like 100 times before. Have never had an issue with this product.

I did go down to the shops yesterday to check if there was any more info on the packs. There was not, but the Ambi Pur that I used was the slim compact one, not the one with a round vent. Also, the slim compact one instructions are manly in Greek, while the round,original shape had more info on it.

MICK_EZEKIEL
01-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Had one when I had my Falcon and it leaked everywhere.... luckly it did nothing to the plastic... whiped straight off... for some reason Mr Sheen worked the best out of everything I tried... :confused:

When i had my VR my mate didnt like the look of it so he put it in the center console and the thing leaked all over my CD's that were in there... to this day they still reek of ambi-pur...

Havent been game to try to put one in my VT... Only thing I have used is a New Car smelling Magic Tree (the ones you get from the car wash for like $3) just hanging off the wiper stick.. IMO works better and you dont have this big thing sticking out of the air vent...

IIV8II
01-01-2006, 06:39 PM
it was a dud from the factory - he even threatened to register the car as LEMON.

see.
Too late - that plate is on a Toyota Prado in Sydney ;)

Vulture
01-01-2006, 07:21 PM
What I want to know is this: what are you guys doing in your cars that requires all this air freshening? :stick: :booty:

COSMOS
01-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Too late - that plate is on a Toyota Prado in Sydney ;)
this is in WA...

Peter B - CV8
02-01-2006, 09:05 AM
What I want to know is this: what are you guys doing in your cars that requires all this air freshening? :stick: :booty:

I was thinking exactly the same thing !!!! Boy's you need to wind the windows down when you fart....

Super Snake
02-01-2006, 01:15 PM

Like the smell of them.

Super Snake
02-01-2006, 01:18 PM
I was thinking exactly the same thing !!!! Boy's you need to wind the windows down when you fart....

No...I have respect for the cars I own. I am very fussy with ownership of my collectables.

CITRIC
02-01-2006, 09:12 PM
So if you have respect for the car why hang cheap junk air stink units like that off the air vents??

I might be from the other side of the fence, but I purchased my XR6 in August 2003 and it still smells like new. People getting in it tell me all the time that it still has "new car smell", and that's without it once having any odour crap sprayed in it. It's easy, open the windows on a regular basis and let any smells escape.

I had a similar experience with Ambi Pur in a Ford Courier... it fell off the vent on a hot day, leaked all over the floor and stunk the dual cab out until the day it was sold over 12 months later. It also permanently stained the carpet and caused breathing difficulties for people with asthma (myself included at the time). Not the sort of stuff I'd want to be breathing in every time I drove somewhere!

Super Snake
02-01-2006, 09:23 PM
So if you have respect for the car why hang cheap junk air stink units like that off the air vents??

I might be from the other side of the fence, but I purchased my XR6 in August 2003 and it still smells like new. People getting in it tell me all the time that it still has "new car smell", and that's without it once having any odour crap sprayed in it. It's easy, open the windows on a regular basis and let any smells escape.

I had a similar experience with Ambi Pur in a Ford Courier... it fell off the vent on a hot day, leaked all over the floor and stunk the dual cab out until the day it was sold over 12 months later. It also permanently stained the carpet and caused breathing difficulties for people with asthma (myself included at the time). Not the sort of stuff I'd want to be breathing in every time I drove somewhere!

I don't mind the smell of them. When driving and it is not rainning or very hot, my windows are usually down. As far as spraying, I don't spray air freshners in cars. I have always used Ambi Pur for years without any problems until now. What I am trying to find out is if anyone else has had this problem and if they have taken it further.

Pickles
03-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Super Snake,-Happy New Year. As far as your "problem" is concerned, it seems obvious to me that you used the product in accordance with the instructions, as you have been familiar with the Ambi Pur product, but in this case the product's container has leaked, causing your damage. If that is the case, whilst I'm not a solicitor, I can't see how they wouldn't be at fault, unless there is some sort of disclaimer in the instuctions.
Cheers, Pickles.

Super Snake
03-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Super Snake,-Happy New Year. As far as your "problem" is concerned, it seems obvious to me that you used the product in accordance with the instructions, as you have been familiar with the Ambi Pur product, but in this case the product's container has leaked, causing your damage. If that is the case, whilst I'm not a solicitor, I can't see how they wouldn't be at fault, unless there is some sort of disclaimer in the instuctions.
Cheers, Pickles.

Happy New Year Pickles and to your Family,

I have used it according to the instructions. I had purchased 2 on that day, and decided to put the one which was filled to the top in the Monaro. The other one I put into my Falcon whch had less product in it. What I think has happened is that the bottle which was full needed some air to breath. It couldn't and therefore released itself and onto the dash. I have spoken to some of the chemists were I work, and they agree that this could have been a cause with the combination of heat during the week.

I have rang the company, but at the moment I can only leave a message at this stage. I will call them again tommorow until I get a response. Hopefully I can speak to someone by the end of the week because I am going to Sydney on Monday due to work commitments. As I only work around the corner from them, I want to take the car down there and show them.

At the moment, I just can't drive the car the way it is....and don't worry Pickles, she will be back as new very soon.

Ausmartin1
03-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Ambi & similar - Yes it is a piece of crap - in the USA many people have had their dashes destroyed. Some luckily can have the vynl respray from touch up people fix it
but once it run on to the stereo / printed control buttons asta la vista.

Why to they sell / manufacture this any way ? :cussing:
There has got to be a better way - they should ask the French.
Go for the tree!

BLACK 346
03-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Ambi & similar - Yes it is a piece of crap - in the USA many people have had their dashes destroyed. Some luckily can have the vynl respray from touch up people fix it
but once it run on to the stereo / printed control buttons asta la vista.

Why to they sell / manufacture this any way ? :cussing:
There has got to be a better way - they should ask the French.
Go for the tree!

Hang on, has anyone else had this happen?
I have used these in all my cars since they
were first brought onto the market, not one
has leaked yet.
Sorry about yours Super Snake, hopefully they
will come the the party and pay for the damage.

Dover
03-01-2006, 07:56 PM
My mates storms dash got wecked by it, he got a quote by holen and autobarn paid for it. But i agree it comes down to what you are breathing in. Where both painters and know the type of solvents required to strip paints, we use proper masks. Goes ta show what a nice smell will cover..

Super Snake
04-01-2006, 04:25 PM
My mates storms dash got wecked by it, he got a quote by holen and autobarn paid for it. But i agree it comes down to what you are breathing in. Where both painters and know the type of solvents required to strip paints, we use proper masks. Goes ta show what a nice smell will cover..

I also work in the paint industry and am very careful with the chemicals that I use. Infact, I was accidently exposed to paint stripper which cause a bad rash on my chest. I did not know until 5 weeks later after 4 blood tests and 1 urine test.Whenever something goes wrong you then to investigate it further. And i think that I might give the airfreshners a miss fom now on.

JC074
04-01-2006, 09:10 PM
http://www.nvu.com.au/products_show.php?page=6&cat=2

far right

Maybe this part will help fix the problem - minus the stereo of course.

Sorry to hear about your dash man - bad....very bad!

JC

Super Snake
05-01-2006, 04:46 PM
http://www.nvu.com.au/products_show.php?page=6&cat=2

far right

Maybe this part will help fix the problem - minus the stereo of course.

Sorry to hear about your dash man - bad....very bad!

JC

Thanks for that, they look great. I'm just waiting for the Ambi Pur people to get back to me.

vortec
05-01-2006, 06:53 PM
why dont you contact blaupunkt in australia. Thre service center may be able to replace the front fascia cheap. your local holden dealer could organize this. Good luck with ambi pure

tbearz
05-01-2006, 08:04 PM
No...I have respect for the cars I own. I am very fussy with ownership of my collectables.

so your handbag is also yellow, like your shoes?

tbearz
05-01-2006, 08:06 PM

Not to mention these 'air freshners' made up of aromatic benzenes cause cancers and also cause ototoxicity (make you go deaf) so bad from all angles

Super Snake
06-01-2006, 07:20 PM
so your handbag is also yellow, like your shoes?

Yeah good comment.

Remember,one day you might be in a situation where you will need some constructive and informative information.

nickh
18-01-2006, 03:16 PM
I just thought id lend a hand if you require a new dash surround give me a ring and i'll look after you with the cost from one from me.

Our number is 03 9466 1011

http://www.nvu.com.au/products_single.php?action=showproduct&cat=2&id=54&page=6&section=1

(minus the gauges of course:P)

PepeLePew
18-01-2006, 03:48 PM
My mamas immaculate 87 Skyline Ti went last year (smashed by a truck) with a perfect interior except for exactly the same issue, and it wasnt Ambi-Pur, but just some other odourant. Bloody things are shocking...

That said, I reckon half the problem is their design to hang off the vent. Vents just arent vertical these days and its too easy for the goo inside to slop up continually and oversoak the pad on the top.

Sorry to hear your story Snake...

Super Snake
02-02-2006, 08:51 PM
I just thought id lend a hand if you require a new dash surround give me a ring and i'll look after you with the cost from one from me.

Our number is 03 9466 1011

http://www.nvu.com.au/products_single.php?action=showproduct&cat=2&id=54&page=6&section=1

(minus the gauges of course:P)

Thanks Nickh. I will give you a call about the parts and maybe a few more thinks that you have on the site.

I'm still :soap: talking with the Ambi Pur people, and hopefully will get an answer shortly.

Super Snake
24-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Well I got a call from them today. They have accepted that their product was defective and will replace the effected parts with new ones. They have been slow to act, but it will be done !:doh:

Capt.LS2
24-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Excellent news! :dance:

Good to hear that someone has won out of this. Worth the fight I reckon!:yup:

Pickles
24-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Well I got a call from them today. They have accepted that their product was defective and will replace the effected parts with new ones. They have been slow to act, but it will be done !:doh:
Congratulations, the important thing now is who is going to do the work, so that the dash in "our" old car will look as immaculate as it used to, & also with no rattles. Whilst the dash is apart, have you considered having the dealer fit a set of binnacle guages- there would be a huge saving in labour if you had it done at this time.
Cheers, Pickles.

Super Snake
24-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Congratulations, the important thing now is who is going to do the work, so that the dash in "our" old car will look as immaculate as it used to, & also with no rattles. Whilst the dash is apart, have you considered having the dealer fit a set of binnacle guages- there would be a huge saving in labour if you had it done at this time.
Cheers, Pickles.

Made a call today and will go down to the Holden dealer to discuss it with them. As it is going to be pulled apart, I also think it will be a good time to put in a set of binnacle guages. And I hope there will be no rattles, because I will haunt the Holden Dealer untill they get it right. But I am sure that they will do a good job like the Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kit they put in and also the Tinted Windows.

Pickles, it looks totally different now with the tint. When you get your GTO, make sure you ask Naomi about getting the ICT tint on your new car. It not only darkens the windows, but it also reflects the light off the windows. And not only that, it looks good.

Super Snake
01-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Well the saga has ended. Today, Holden have replaced the damage and it is looking like a brand new car. :lol:

I am happy that it has been fixed, because I just could not look at the damage anymore.

Anyway, here is the new dash, stereo and compartment that has been replaced.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/supersnakeboys/DamageFixed2006004.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/supersnakeboys/DamageFixed2006001.jpg

Wonky
01-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Was that Barry Bourke Berwick? I guess so given the mention of Naomi and also that's where Pickles got his GTO. Was just talking to someone else today whose car was due to be picked up after engine rebuild. He has been using them for 5 years and like me is always very happy with their work.

No binnacle gauges after all? The ICT tint - is that a Tint-A-Car one as that is who they used to use. Approx how much was it?

Super Snake
01-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Was that Barry Bourke Berwick? I guess so given the mention of Naomi and also that's where Pickles got his GTO. Was just talking to someone else today whose car was due to be picked up after engine rebuild. He has been using them for 5 years and like me is always very happy with their work.

No binnacle gauges after all? The ICT tint - is that a Tint-A-Car one as that is who they used to use. Approx how much was it?

Yes it was at Barry Bourke with the tint. It cost me $495. Had the damage done at Barloworld in Glen Waverly, but will take it to Berwick for service. With regards to the binnacle gauges, they at Barloworld will not do them. They have tried on 2 cars and the jobs have cost them money. Infact, my Monaro used to be Pickles.

Pickles
01-05-2006, 06:27 PM
That looks BRAND NEW!!-We're very glad to see "our" old pride & joy is now back to her beautiful best.
I can understand Barloworld not wanting to touch the guages-it is quite involved, & consequently not cost effective for them. Still, someone that had done a Series 111 CV8 before should be able to do it in reasonable time. My wife was never keen on changing the original look anyway, so that's one reason why we never took it any further.
How's the car going anyway?-Hope you've had some good drives & are enjoying it.
Cheers, Pickles.

Wonky
01-05-2006, 07:27 PM
my Monaro used to be Pickles.
Yeah, I know which is why I mentioned him. Pity about the gauges though when available again I am going to put some of the Aeroforcetech OBD2 gauges in mine. Much more useful and no special hooking up needed - just a decent 12v unfluctuating power supply and the gauges plug into the OBD2 port under the steering column - piece of cake!!

Do you know if the tint was done by Tint-A-Car? The Tint-A-Car guy at Narre gave me a super price last time I had a car done there so if it was done by them I may go and have a chat with him.

damianf
01-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Havent found anything to get this out!

Super Snake
01-05-2006, 07:34 PM
That looks BRAND NEW!!-We're very glad to see "our" old pride & joy is now back to her beautiful best.
I can understand Barloworld not wanting to touch the guages-it is quite involved, & consequently not cost effective for them. Still, someone that had done a Series 111 CV8 before should be able to do it in reasonable time. My wife was never keen on changing the original look anyway, so that's one reason why we never took it any further.
How's the car going anyway?-Hope you've had some good drives & are enjoying it.
Cheers, Pickles.

Hasn't missed a beat ! Eventhough it got dirty today because of the rain,
I was really happy to see the dash without that horrible stain. Infact, I now couldn't be bothered about the gauges. Took it for a good drive around the city last Monday night with a couple mates and we had a great time.

Infact, the stereo is sounding much better than before, and the climate control switches are also responding much better as well.

Super Snake
01-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I know which is why I mentioned him. Pity about the gauges though when available again I am going to put some of the Aeroforcetech OBD2 gauges in mine. Much more useful and no special hooking up needed - just a decent 12v unfluctuating power supply and the gauges plug into the OBD2 port under the steering column - piece of cake!!

Do you know if the tint was done by Tint-A-Car? The Tint-A-Car guy at Narre gave me a super price last time I had a car done there so if it was done by them I may go and have a chat with him.

It was done by the guys at the back of the car stereo place next to Coffee Ford on behalf on Berwick Holden. But this tint is great because when sunlight hits it, it makes the glass darker because of the reflection. I saw it on a VZ CV8 and had to have it. Everyone who sees it during a glaring day believe it is illegal. It still has the required amount of light that enters the cabin.It is legal in Victoria, but not in SA.

I will take a photo and post it up.