Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nolathane or SuperPro?

emilebos is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 03-07-2024 @ 10:08 AM

Nolathane or SuperPro?

Nolathane or SuperPro poly suspension bushings, same same, or is one better than the other?

whitels1ss is offline Powertrain Control Last Online: @

Re: Nolathane or SuperPro?

I have replaced all the bushes, front & rear in my SS with SuperPro

I was told by a few people that Nolathane rides harder & tends to squeak more,

car drives spot on now.

VXSS346 is offline Fair Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 20-09-2024 @ 05:29 PM

Personal choice, I guess, but after going through all this with numerous Commodores over the years, I've now come to the conclusion that, I'll only buy rubber from now on, except maybe for sway bar bushes.

Sick of the harsh noisy ride.

My 2c.

Tingle92 is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 11-10-2023 @ 08:54 PM

I got sick of replacing collapsed rubber strut tops so went to hard riding but NEVER failing Super Pro

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post
    I have replaced all the bushes, front & rear in my SS with SuperPro

I was told by a few people that Nolathane rides harder & tends to squeak more,

car drives spot on now.

I have noticed a harsh ride on other cars with Nolathane fitted
    but with SuperPro I can't say that the ride on mine feels any harsher than the OEM rubber.

It just feels like a brand new, high performance car with perfect, unworn suspension & steering.

Smitty is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 20-09-2024 @ 03:29 PM

Quote Originally Posted by VXSS346 View Post
    Personal choice, I guess, but after going through all this with numerous Commodores over the years, I've now come to the conclusion that, I'll only buy rubber from now on, except maybe for sway bar bushes.

Sick of the harsh noisy ride.

My 2c.
    I have a SuperPro rear bar (larger than std ) on the rear of the Tourer
    .. with their bushes of course.

groans and squawks like buggery (despite large amounts of their lube applied every few months)

Mind you, I had a Whiteline previous (larger again) with their custom yellow sway bar bushes
    and my missus could tell it was me....
    when I drove up the crossover and into the driveway from the groaning and graunch noises
    coming from the back of the car.

ps.. Holden fit a pissy little bar on the back of wagons (10mm or similar)... it has rubber bushes
    and is silent . Hmmmm
    Last edited by Smitty; 17-12-2020 at 12:08 PM.
    SMITTY
    Member PIARC HSCCV Old Fart Racing
    GEN-F R8 340 Clubsport Tourer VK race car Kwaka ZX12R

VLSteve is offline Rarely Contributes to the Forum Last Online: 21-02-2024 @ 11:24 PM

Yeah I prefer Superpro over Nolathane

But also like some above, I've swapped various bushes back to rubber in my VZ due to noise and vibration.
    Funnily enough though, they didnt seem as annoying in my VL..

Wonky is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 29-08-2024 @ 05:45 PM

Interesting thread - perfect timing! Found out this morning that the thumps I'm getting over even the 10 - 15mm lip from the road to the start of some driveways is my strut top bushes so need them replaced. I run tyres all round at 40 psi so don't want to end up with super harsh ride. The variety of items available seems diverse - see https://www.sparesbox.com.au/vehicle...sort=price_asc

I'm thinking either stick with genuine or go the Superpro SPF1590BK which are the hybrid ones. The car turned 12 yesterday and has done less than 60k but has the V8 plus supercharger etc, so quite heavy in front. Even if I went genuine I don't anticipate them needing replacing for many years, although I do do more than the average 2,100km p.a. Mike did when he had it. The Superpro SPF1590BK are around $180 - $200+ a pair in most retail places, but on eBay around $40 - $50 cheaper. Does anyone know roughly what genuines are worth off the top of their heads? If much cheaper I'll go genuine but if not much difference in price then if someone can assure me the Superpro SPF1590BK hybrids won't be much harsher then I'll go for them. Rest of the suspension rubbers etc are all stock.

Hey guys

Sorry, I was wrong!

I was looking for my invoice to show Wonky what I have in mine
    & just realized that I have standard OEM rubber strut mounts, not SuperPro strut mounts all the rest of the stuff in mine is SuperPro.

SASLS1 is offline Account Suspended Last Online: 21-09-2024 @ 09:14 AM

Superpro gets the tick from me 100%...

My OEM strut tops where totally nacked when I bought my VZ thunder ute 6.0L second hand with only 45000Kms / only 4 years old.

Jack the car up and take the weight off the strut, there was 15mm of freeplay between the strut top and the retaining washers and nut. Yes the nut was fully torqued to spec.

Here's a pic of the nacked OEM totally collapsed strut top, next to a brand new Superpro item.

Since fitting the Superpro strut tops, I've done 195,000 kms in 10 years so average of 19500 kms a year, its my daily driver.

The Superpro strut tops have only sagged about 2mm to 3mm, with next to no free play between the strut top and the retaining washer and nut.

10 years of perfect service and still going strong I'm 100% happy with my decision to install them.

The red Nolathane bushes are the one's that are hard as hell and steer well clear of.

Yes there is a negligible increase in NVH with Superpro, but that far out weights having to replace the OEM items far more frequently from them collapsing.

Also I've noticed the different tyres brands that I have fitted over the years, (all semi slick street tyres) transfer more NVH than others, so the NVH considerations aren't just coming from the suspension bushes, tyres also play a factor in it also IMO...

That's my 2 cents...
    Last edited by SASLS1; 20-12-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Wonky is offline One of the Top Contributors to the Forum Last Online: 29-08-2024 @ 05:45 PM

Quote Originally Posted by whitels1ss View Post

Sorry, I was wrong!
    First time for everything eh Ed?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonky View Post
    First time for everything eh Ed?
    Consider yourself told Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by SASLS1 View Post
    Being purple I think they're the SPF1590BK more expensive and firmer Superpro items, not the blue SPF1590AK hybrid items?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonky View Post
    Being purple I think they're the SPF1590BK more expensive and firmer Superpro items, not the blue SPF1590AK hybrid items?

Correct they are the Performance Kit items SPF1590BK, not the Hybrid Kit items SPF1590AK.

When I bought them 10 years ago, the Superpro Hybrid mounts hadn't been released back then.

I've never used the Hybrid Superpro mounts, so don't know how long lasting they are compared to the Performance Superpro items.

I changed just about everything at the same time as the strut tops, and haven't had to touch it since.

Superpro adjustable caster bushes, and front (rear z bar bushes) up front, Superpro rear subframe mounts and a Whiteline diff insert bush to take up all the freeplay in the OEM rear diff mount, which is still in place with the Whiteline item inserted in the aft end.

Plus Koni's and King springs to finish it off to my liking.

Yes there is more NVH than OEM, but I'm happy with it.

Thread Information