Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 02 VX HSV Clubsport - S2

KIWIV8 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 09-03-2024 @ 10:55 PM

Re: 02 VX HSV Clubsport - S2

Quote Originally Posted by kangavxss View Post
    Black on red always a winning colour combo. Nice job M8...
    Thanks for the feedback mate.

Quote Originally Posted by offyaguts View Post
    Big fan of what you've done mate.....wasn't sure about the arse end but now with the black gloss inserts it comes together real nice.

Those engine covers too are awesome....not to mention the girls ;-)
    I am really happy about how the black came out, wasn't sure when I photoshopped it, but looks great in person. The engine covers looks tops with the other billet bits. Wern't cheap but once I get the DUS OTR in red will set it all just how I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by calais190 View Post
    I know you are probably sick of hearing it, but the rear end is crying out for the old lights to be put back on. With all the current mods + the stock HSV rear lights, this would look like a cleverly detailed VX Clubsport R8. But due to the bootlid and monaro rear lights, and having the champagne painted black, I would look at it and think "its only a mock-up commodore" when it's a true HSV.

It's in extremely good condition too! I like the mods you have done and plan to do. I also admire the level of detail you have gone to. If the rear end makes you think "wow that's good looking", keep it and ignore us!

anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by IEVLVX View Post
    Car looks awesome so clean, as every1 has said the ass end needs to be put back to standard! There is a reason all the car ppl r saying it, cos it looks like a mock up!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.7wld View Post
    Nice car mate i dont mind them after-market tail lights on the car nice job
    I still haven't made my mind up on the rear end of the car. I like it, think it looks clean, but also can see peoples point about it looking like a Mock up.

I have thrown around the idea of getting the VZ/CV8R Monaro lights but a bit expensive to see whether I like it

So I understand fully where people are comming from:

Is it the clubbie/calais garnish people especially like or is it the fact that it looks like a mock up not a real clubbie. e.g Would people like the rear end look if it wasn't a clubbie say if it was an SS? or do people just like the calais/clubbie rear end better?

Thanks for taking a look and the feedback.
    Last edited by KIWIV8; 10-11-2011 at 08:51 AM.

SSer is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 22-06-2017 @ 04:32 PM

I really like this car. Youve done some very tasteful things to it and not gone over the top. Im not a fan of most after market wheels, but those suit it perfectly. I really like the VE radio antenna too. Would love to get more details on whats involved as I really dislike the auto antenna on the VX.

Im still unsure about the rear end, but from the right angle it looks great, from directly behind and above it looks a bit body-kitted exec. It is different though, and thats not always a bad thing.

Well done!

KIWIV8 is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 09-03-2024 @ 10:55 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman View Post
    Looking good mate. The car looks good too.
    Cheers mate. Couldn't resist getting a few soapy photos .

Quote Originally Posted by SSer View Post
    I really like this car. Youve done some very tasteful things to it and not gone over the top. Im not a fan of most after market wheels, but those suit it perfectly. I really like the VE radio antenna too. Would love to get more details on whats involved as I really dislike the auto antenna on the VX.

Im still unsure about the rear end, but from the right angle it looks great, from directly behind and above it looks a bit body-kitted exec. It is different though, and thats not always a bad thing.

Well done!
    Thanks mate. I originally had some VX GTS rims for it, but the first day I had them on, they went flat. One had been repaired, (previous owner), and the repair didn't last. I had just brought 4 new tyres for them. The GTS rims were quite rough so I weighed up what it was going to cost, and decided to buy the ones on the car. Tempe gave me an awesome deal on them.

Ideally I would have loved to get the FR19 Simmons with black centres, (and still hope to down the track, (regardless of the car I have)), but I got all four for less than the price of one of the Simmons.

The VE antenna really only had two connections. I got it done by the Upholsterer who did the hood lining etc. The reception is not that flash, but I use the IPOD mainly and hated the auto aerial as well. Picks up the tunnel alerts ok, and is reasonable. Really like the look of it though.

Here is where I brought it

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ANTENNA-B...item27b12b1e6f
    Last edited by KIWIV8; 10-11-2011 at 09:01 AM.

calais190 is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 29-05-2016 @ 07:17 PM

Personally, I think the back of the VX Clubsports looks great! I'm slightly bias having grown up in a VX GTS in black (which I fell in love with). I'd say most people here don't like the rear being changed because it detracts from the car being a genuine HSV.

If it were an SS like you said, there would be no problem as you'd only really have changed the rear lights. And i'm sure it would get a lot of positive feedback being a regular commodore with a regular commodore rear end.

Personally, I think the back of the VX Clubsports looks great! I'm slightly bias having grown up in a VX GTS in black (which I fell in love with). I'd say most people here don't like the rear being changed because it detracts from the car being a genuine HSV.

If it were an SS like you said, there would be no problem as you'd only really have changed the rear lights. And i'm sure it would get a lot of positive feedback being a regular commodore with a regular commodore rear end.
    Thanks for that mate. Was really interested to know the basis of peoples feedback.

I looked to buy a VX GTS before the VZ R8 (used to have), but do too much peak hour driving to put up with a manual. Love the VX GTS. Love the look of the whole VX HSV range. One of the best spoiler kits released IMO.

I thought the Clubbie would be a good platform to start with, and wasn't expensive compared to the last two cars I’ve had. I always had the intention of modding this one to be how I visioned it.

I probably should have started with a Calais. That way I would get the luxury items in the interior, and especially with how cheap you can pick up the original Clubbie body kits off ones wrecking now.

I like owning an HSV though, . The fact it isn't a rare example like a GTS or even an R8, and didn't cost me much, (relatively, not worried about losing too much on the resale), means I can mod it without feeling too guilty that I have butchered a classic. Brought it to be my daily and enjoy it.

I plan to fit a Monaro bonnet and VZ HSV guard flutes. The flutes will have the stripes and grill bit painted black, (where the senator has them chrome). It will probably look more like a mock up then, . I also am replacing the Clubbie specific champagne dash with a Monaro Piano black item to match the exterior highlights.

I am keeping the original dash and rear facia and lights so will have these if I choose sell down the track.

Mind is still not made up on the back end, so might wait till the rest of the mods are done and see what I think then.

Got some Pacemaker Tri-Y headers fitted last week, at Sureflo, Thank you.

Second hand but very happy with the condition. Thankyou GMMAD.

Looking at them in comparison to the factory headers I wasn't optimistic of there being much difference, but what a noticable change in the exhaust note and the car feels like it breathes so much more free.

Now to save for the OTR and the tune .

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIV8 View Post
    I plan to fit a Monaro bonnet and VZ HSV guard flutes. The flutes will have the stripes and grill bit painted black, (where the senator has them chrome). It will probably look more like a mock up then, . I also am replacing the Clubbie specific champagne dash with a Monaro Piano black item to match the exterior highlights.
    I agree with your statement - you probably should've started with a calais haha.

I can see what you want out of this car (to build something to your exact liking as you have envisioned it), however I think you'll find a lot of people on here will have mixed emotions on it. As most of the forum members are enthusiasts, they respect and appreciate the design of what was HSV's most aesthetically pleasing range. In my opinion, the clubbie is already a blinged up version of the very humble VX SS'. There are a lot of VX clubbies getting around with wheels and lowering that look fantastic! But you're obviously after more than that.

However, I rekon if you love it and that's what you want from this car, don't listen to anyone and mod it as you please! It's your car

Btw, I had a look at your VZ Clubsport, shame you didn't hold onto that one, it was beautiful!

I agree with your statement - you probably should've started with a calais haha.

I can see what you want out of this car (to build something to your exact liking as you have envisioned it), however I think you'll find a lot of people on here will have mixed emotions on it. As most of the forum members are enthusiasts, they respect and appreciate the design of what was HSV's most aesthetically pleasing range. In my opinion, the clubbie is already a blinged up version of the very humble VX SS'. There are a lot of VX clubbies getting around with wheels and lowering that look fantastic! But you're obviously after more than that.

However, I rekon if you love it and that's what you want from this car, don't listen to anyone and mod it as you please! It's your car

Btw, I had a look at your VZ Clubsport, shame you didn't hold onto that one, it was beautiful!
    At least If I had started with a Calais, I wouldn't be thinking about how to replace the BCM etc to get climate and the auto lights, ha ha. (The clubbie was essentially built on the executive so my mates berlina has more of the mod cons .) But then I wouldn't own an HSV.

I do see where people are comming from, and would feel the same way if it had some exclusivity, GTS, Senator Signature etc. My sons name is Brock so that will give some indication of how much of an enthusiast I am .

I too have always loved the VX HSV's but never really been sure about the rear end. I think the Monaro and the VY, VZ's look cleaner, which is kind of the look I went for. I am still not quite sure it looks how I want it though, and have warmed more to the standard rear end.

The VZ was a real nice car, but I do prefer the VX's and love not having the car payments which gives me some money to play with it.

Still miss my Monaro though. Toying with getting another one or maybe a late 80's Comaro convertible with an LS1 fitted Want to finish a bit more of the VX first. My wifes going to kill me

Haha fair enough! The exhaust looks like its going to be good! Any cam plans?

A weekend play thing is always fun! Just make sure you have time to drive it!

If you like this rear end keep it. But as you have the stock parts, its not hard to change if you don't like it anymore!

Haha fair enough! The exhaust looks like its going to be good! Any cam plans?

A weekend play thing is always fun! Just make sure you have time to drive it!

If you like this rear end keep it. But as you have the stock parts, its not hard to change if you don't like it anymore!
    Cam was not on the short term plan list, but the more I read I am pretty keen.

Have just picked up some VZ HSV 330mm fronts so hope to get these fitted in the next few weeks.

Next is either the DUS OTR the new throttle body, (HSV C4B Red anodized for the bling), and a mafless or a diff ratio change with the Harrop cover I just brought or the DUS OTR the new throttle body and a mafless. The order depends on if I pick up a diff cheap or not.

Re: 02 VX HSV Clubsport - S2 - New Front Brakes

Got my new front brakes (330mm VZ Clubbie) fitted today, thanks to Harry at South Sydney Auto Centre.

Thanks also to Surfwagon for pointing the listing on ebay out to me.

Would have loved to get some Harrops, but not quite in the budget at the moment. This will be a nice improvement over the stock ones, and look a lot nicer behind the wheels.

Would love to get some 315mm for the back, but didn't realise the brackets to use the standard calipers were so expensive.

Don't know how Holden/HSV can justify $270 a corner for a simple bracket.

Thinking I might just get some 278mm venitilated discs for a VZ and be done with it. They are a little wider but I understand they fit fine.

Anyone have any experience with fitting the VZ disc to the standard VX rear caliper?

Will need to paint the rear calipers to match, looks a little unbalanced.

surfwagon is offline Forum Contributor Last Online: 08-03-2020 @ 06:26 PM

The brakes look good, was glad to help.
    With the rears the VZ vented discs (18mm wide, 16mm std) should fit inside the std rear caliper but you may need to use a thinner pad.

__________________________________________________ _________
    senator http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=121025
    dyno http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=137278

Help My Car Win A Competition

I have my car entered in the Castle Hill Exhausts Facebook Comp.

I need to get as many likes for the photo of my car to win a Mafless tune, which I am currently saving for.

If you can help it would be hugely appreciated.

Please click on the below link and then like the photo by clicking 'Like'

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...type=1&theater

GEN III VX is offline Occasional Contributor to the Forums Last Online: 10-04-2024 @ 11:07 AM

Very nice car buddy.Looks great and extremely clean.Wish i had those seats in my VX Calais.

Thread Information